Why are some flags at half staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some flags at half staff?

The only event I can remember that required that, was the late Ronald Reagan's passing.

How long does this last? Everytime I pass by the kalihi transit center, their flags are at half staff.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Why are some flags at half staff?

For dead presidents, thirty days of half-masted flags. Reagan died June 5, so they should be heading back up the poles by Monday or so.

Comment

Maybe it ought to be extended for Marlon Brando. Far better actor than Reagan ever was.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

"Maybe it ought to be extended for Marlon Brando. Far better actor than Reagan ever was."

Ain't it the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          For dead presidents, thirty days of half-masted flags. Reagan died June 5, so they should be heading back up the poles by Monday or so.
          So they had it at half staff for a month?
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The flags will start flying at full staff starting on July 4. President Bush cut the mourning period for President Reagan by 1 day. Reagan died on June 5.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Did we ever find out the answer to the third flag question that is at the governors home? I noticed at one federal place (near Fort Ruger park) they don't ever take down the flags. I thought the flags were to be taken down at around sunset?
              Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                Did we ever find out the answer to the third flag question that is at the governors home?
                That thread is here, with a description of the flag from a state web page.

Comment

Why Jimmy Carter, family members were wearing leis at Rosalynn Carter's funeral (yahoo.com)

Aloha, Oe.

Comment

Working...
                  X