Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be the modern version of happening upon the diary of your kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWodtKJYe2c&NR=1

All I was doing was trying to find some interesting things about where we live to show to people.

That's Keoni.

I had to watch the tape and deny it a few times, and freeze the frame of his face and blink and stare at it awhile, before I began screaming and shaking and freaking out.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Re: Must be the modern version of happening upon the diary of your kid

Moms almost always find out stuff anyhow.
    I hardly got away with anything growing up.
    Mom just knew things. HaHa!
    What'd he say when you told him?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      What'd he say when you told him?
      "But Mom, all my friends are jumping off bridges too!!"
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWodtKJYe2c&NR=1

All I was doing was trying to find some interesting things about where we live to show to people.

That's Keoni.

I had to watch the tape and deny it a few times, and freeze the frame of his face and blink and stare at it awhile, before I began screaming and shaking and freaking out.
        ohhhhsnap. If that was my son, I would embarrass that child with many fun-filled comments below the vid. In French and English. That's a mamma's prerogative. *cracks knuckles*

pax

Comment

Kind of. I don't get why kids want to put their secrets out there on the Interweb tho.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Yeah, i'm just going to climb up there, you know, just because i'm a big boy!

You know what else? If i fall and break my back i can pull a superman and be forever confined to a wheelchair.

Bad bad boy won't like his mommy when he is angry, the spankings on him should be on for free!

I mean i've climbed towers myself, i had Drill Sergeants chasing me up the damned tower. I had to go save a lil kitty for a lil girl. I had to climb rooftops in Iraq.

But i never ever decided to climb something that doesn't even look like it could provide me a foothold. If i were you, i would take away all his "special previleges" but i bet that kid would find a way around that.

Comment

Susie, Keoni is handsome and very brave. Reminds me of my Conrad. He use to go hiking with his gang of make believe soldiers who eventually became ROTC Cadets who den became real life soldiers. What I'm trying to say, boys will be boys will be MEN! We can't be with them 24/7. We can try to teach them what is responsibility, safety, morals, etc. The jest of it...they make the decisions and we hope for the best.

That's Life.

My faith in God has always been my main protector for my children.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That video says it was uploaded in October 2006, so it's been at least that long since he did the stunt. More than a year after the fact, it seems kinda late to scold him about it. I like what Pua'i said. Go comment the hell out of it.

Comment

Can I be the enemy here and say that what he's doing looks like a BLAST?

He reminds me of me !

Comment

Well there goes my favorite line when my son was growing up - "If your friends went and jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?"

Comment

I never developed an impulse towards exhibitionism, but I did do some crazy stunts just to 'prove' to myself I could. I suppose it's just to extend one's self-imposed limits just beyond embarrassment (as in, "I'm embarrassed I risked so much for so little" after the fact). However in this case, it just looks like fun.
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Oh, those wacky French teens!

That looked pretty thrilling, frankly. WOW!

By the way, what does this mean:

suicide toi plutot deux fois qu'une

On Babel Fish it translates it weirdly: "commit suicide rather twice that one"

Oh, wait. He means, commit suicide 2 times rather than one--either dying climbing up or coming down. Right?
                        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

It takes good parents to raise such brave, capable, children. Atta Boy !!

But if I woulda caught yoa$$, you woulda got a belt whippin. Don't do it again. Ever.

We was all fearless as kids.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            I don't get why kids want to put their secrets out there on the Interweb tho.
                            I'm guessing that guessing that it's some strange belief that because they (the kids) are cool and their parents aren't, and that it will never come to their attention. (And he was right for 15 months )

I don't know. While it's been awhile since he's done it, I still think he should get some kind of punishment. If nothing else to teach him not to put his dumb things on the web. Otherwise he'll end up like the kids that posted their dorm party photos on MySpace and wonder why none of their job interviews are working out.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                              I don't know. While it's been awhile since he's done it, I still think he should get some kind of punishment. If nothing else to teach him not to put his dumb things on the web. Otherwise he'll end up like the kids that posted their dorm party photos on MySpace and wonder why none of their job interviews are working out.
                              Well, gosh, parents are happy to help with that project.

You could do a "director's re-cut" of his video, adding in cutaways of all those embarrassing baby photos that you've been saving for the day he brings his first significant other home to meet the parents. Title it something like "A parent's memorial to their kid's dumb ideas", post it on YouTube with the same keywords as his version to make the searches bring them both up, and e-mail the URL to all his friends' parents.

And you could post the URL here too.

Not, of course, that I'm contemplating doing anything like this with our kid. But we've been saving all those albums for just this sort of contingency...
                              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X