Anicia Manzano - Missing 79 YO Nana w/Alzheimer's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anicia Manzano - Missing 79 YO Nana w/Alzheimer's

in the wake of ronald lee having been found, 79 year-old anicia manzano, a kalihi resident, has been missing since few days after new year's (also her bday):

Honorio Manzano breaks down in tears, wondering where his wife of 57 years disappeared to.

"We don't even know what's happened to her already," Erlinda Manzano Ramirez, missing woman's daughter, said through tears. "It's hard for the family."

"We miss so much our mom," Ramirez said.

She says her mother has Alzheimer's, and has difficulty communicating.

"If you talk to her, she just bow her head and smile, just keep bowing her head," she said.
    khnl's original story of jan 9th here.

khnl's updated story of yesterday here.

kgmb's story of jan 9th here.

crime stopper's bulletin here.

**just realized i typed "72 YO" instead of "79 YO" in the thread title. i've already PMed admin to correct my error. soory!**
    Last edited by cynsaligia; January 12, 2008, 08:25 AM. Reason: morning pre-coffee typo = bad
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Re: Anicia Manzano - Missing 79 YO Nana w/Alzheimer's

bumping bcs mrs. manzano is still missing.

watching the various videos i posted earlier, it's heartbreaking to see the husband, despondent; the daughter, crying as she says she's afraid her mother's already dead and all they want is to see her one more time; the grandson going with his uncle to check IHS and saying that they'd have better hope of finding nana if the entire island got involved.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Her circumstance of being an Alzheimer's patient makes it especially sad. I wonder what the family of anyone who is a senior with similar medical issues could do to ensure the safety of their loved one short of having someone with them 24/7, and even that is not a guarantee. Modern technology allows for options we didn't have before such as implanting a microchip with locater - this idea offends me on many levels, but I would guess that there are people who would consider it for a family member who is mentally impaired yet physically mobile.

My prayers go out to Mrs. Manzano and her family for her safe and speedy return. I know I have been looking more closely at the older ladies I come across during the day just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
        Modern technology allows for options we didn't have before such as implanting a microchip with locater - this idea offends me on many levels
        I don't think that is techinically feasible. The implanted microchip is meant to be passive and give a response to a very short range device.

For something that is going to give out a signal all the time at a decent range is going require power, conform to various FCC regulations, not to mention frequencies don't overlap, and causes problems to civilian aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          I don't think that is techinically feasible. The implanted microchip is meant to be passive and give a response to a very short range device.

For something that is going to give out a signal all the time at a decent range is going require power, conform to various FCC regulations, not to mention frequencies don't overlap, and causes problems to civilian aircraft.

This article from the UK talks about using microchips to track prisoners along with GPS (fifth paragraph). Another method being used in the UK is radio transmitters embedded in students' uniforms to track their movements and locations. I realize both of these instances are in the UK. Verichip, created by Applied Data Systems, offers implantable microchips. The only thing that remains is to create a link to GPS and would imagine they are working on it.

Comment

When I get old I wanna have a thingy implanted into my body so that I can be found. In fact, I'd like my kids to have one, now...just in case.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

The technology to track people via gps already exists. Think Lojack, kinetic generators and anklets. Gps transmitters can be dialed down to tx every 15min for battery life. Tracking becomes as simple as logging onto a website. Too bad the most complex electronic project I've built is an adjustable DC power supply.
              I do hope they find her soon though.
              Last edited by MixedPlateBroker; January 15, 2008, 10:41 PM.
              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, just get a cell phone with the proper service and you'll always know where they are.

Comment

I prefer an implanted chip....one a kidnapper can't toss or cut out.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

i don't recall hearing that she was found?

mom has alzheimer's. end stage. going on ten years now. in the beginning, she would wander the neighborhood. everyone knew her so really nothing distressing happened. built a hollow tile wall. she stopped. then figured out how to open the gate. double latched it. clever lady almost figured that out, too. finally, we ended up putting latches way at the top of the door where she couldn't reach it. one battle won, more to follow.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                    X