new me and hi to recent newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new me and hi to recent newbies

I'm not on my desktop so I can't insert the intro. I sent in initially, but hopefully here is a better one!

My name is Wendi. I'm a stay-and-work-at-home mom who likes to capture ideas that get zinged at my underly patient and overly tired brain and try to create some lasting meaning out of them.

I'm from town and...I've always wanted to leave. And then I did and spent seven years on the other side of the country in college. And when I was done, the only place I could BE was here. I married someone who is steeped in HERE. He knows where to go, what to eat, how to cook fish, and he loves it here. And even before I met him, I knew I loved it here too. My heart knew something my head wouldn't let it see for so long: Hawaii is in me and I am in it. And I try to teach my children to love it too, its music, its flavors, its people, everything. I'm a complainer. I see fault in everything. But not Hawaii. No more in Hawaii.

My thoughts are as varied and numerous as the stars in the sky, its scary how much trouble I have nailing them down sometimes. That explains my insane starting of three companies at the same time and numerous memberships to yahoo groups and just a few forums. But I have narrowed some things down. I love to make 3-D things out of string, so a few of my creations can be seen in my shop on etsy at http://yarnconfections.etsy.com and I participate in crochet critter and amigurumi yahoo groups. On etsy.com I am yarnconfections and yipeeeicanread. On MySpace I am yarnconfections in the WeLoveEtsy group. Feeling comfortable in momness has led me to Moms Club and occasional postings in Hawaiimoms.com.

But my real baby is Local Kine Games because its star game is about words (which I love, can you tell) and here. Being, enjoying, living, and feeling local. It's called "No Say Dat!" and I had to do research on some of the words used in the game so I stumbled upon Hawaii Threads. Surrendipity!

Before posting this intro I spent some time looking at the other newbies' intros to see my new mateys. So here's a shout out to them:
    New to HI - How is your move from Waipahu to downtown going? I did the reverse when I first got married and now I won't move back. You couldn't drag me back into town. I love it in Pearl City, where I abide now. LOVE IT!

Skeeterbess - I'm glad you love it here too. So many visitors just can't quite feel Hawaii. I guess it just kinda squelches on to you, like the tide at the beach surprising a sunbather, or an unexpected sunburn after too much exposure. We are glad to have you here.

Hwnjap - I hope you find what you are looking for.

kmom - my good friend is moving her family over to the Big Island in March. She has four kids and you can hear her from the other side of the island! She is full of life and love and she is WONDERFUL! I hope you get to meet her.

The Riz - Wow, 2009. Some things you'll just find out when you get here. But if you like food and friends, eh, it's all good!

gailalice2000 - Were all your concerns addressed, about moving with family and schools and neighborhoods? You could try a military family site as well, to get their take on living in Hawaii. Liking where you live is probably the most important thing, because everything will stem from that level of satisfaction.

tptgogogo - Can you share anything else about yourself?

zovo - How are you doing? Hawaii actually has a surprisingly wide range of music. One friend listens to country music on the radio. I found jazz and classical too. What kind of music can't you find? There's even different categories of Hawaiian music to choose from!

Aloha, everybody!!

oh ya, and i wen grad from Mid-Pac!
    Wendi Lau

www.LocalKineGames.com

Re: new me and hi to recent newbies

Somehow I missed seeing your post this morning, so a belated WELCOME TO HT to ya!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

So many members that I haven't welcomed yet. I'm sorry I haven't been here for a little while. E komo mai from Maine!
      'Alika

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Glad to see you here. So many new members so little time to welcome them.

Alana
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
        X