Kamehameha in the news again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamehameha in the news again

apparently, two students won their lawsuits against kamehameha schools for being expelled for drinking. the liquor was given to them by some of their coaches and volunteers. they grduated from public schools. but, in winning the lawsuit, received a diploma from kamehameha. monetary damages weren't disclosed, if any at all.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Re: kamehameha in the news again

Could you add a link to more info concerning this?
    Seems odd that anyone could officially graduate from a school while getting diplomas from another. Lawsuits or otherwise.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Re: kamehameha in the news again

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      Could you add a link to more info concerning this?
      Seems odd that anyone could officially graduate from a school while getting diplomas from another. Lawsuits or otherwise.

i was trying to find a link regarding the outcome of the lawsuit to no avail. i can't remember the news channel that reported it either. i know it was within the last couple of days, though. also, the boys were issued an apology from kamehameha schools and will have alumni privileges.
      Last edited by kani-lehua; January 26, 2008, 08:53 AM.
      "chaos reigns within.
      order shall return."

Comment

Re: Kamehameha in the news again

so yeah...it was all about the money

The kid got his money, his parents got their money, their lawyers got their money (probably most of it), KSBE lost some money, the Hawaiians lost some money.

In the end the Hawaiian's lost and the Non-Hawaiian (PC for Caucasian) won. Typical ending for the Kanaka Maoli. How sad.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

So if KSBE settles every case, they run the risk of being bled dry.

And if they decide to fight, they run the risk of having the race issue scrutinized, eventually, by the Supreme Court.

Rock and a hard place?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

the case(s) that i was referring to had to do with athletes of the school. the one that craigwatanabe is talking about is the latest with other lawsuits on the horizon. john doe (s) vs. ksbe.
            "chaos reigns within.
            order shall return."

Comment

Working...
            X