BOE has $30M for rainy days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOE has $30M for rainy days?

Ya know this whole thing about who will fund the teacher drug testing?

So Donna Ikeda says the DOE won't use their $30Million rainy day fund for drug testing.

Okay...wow I didn't know we had that much set aside. Geez $30Million can go a long way in supplying teachers with stuff they are buying themselves.

$30,000,000.oo That's a lot of money to keep on the side. If it's budgeted in, use it! There's no reason why the schools are falling apart with money like that hiding in some budget line item.

I may be wrong but I think Donna Ikeda spilled some beans when she blurted out that figure to the media.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: BOE has $30M for rainy days?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Ya know this whole thing about who will fund the teacher drug testing?

So Donna Ikeda says the DOE won't use their $30Million rainy day fund for drug testing.

Okay...wow I didn't know we had that much set aside. Geez $30Million can go a long way in supplying teachers with stuff they are buying themselves.

$30,000,000.oo That's a lot of money to keep on the side. If it's budgeted in, use it! There's no reason why the schools are falling apart with money like that hiding in some budget line item.

I may be wrong but I think Donna Ikeda spilled some beans when she blurted out that figure to the media.

Totally agree! And the tools the teachers are buying themselves include, from what I've heard from teacher friends, basic items like paper, pencils, rulers. $30 million will buy a ton. Wherever it's sitting, is that money earning interest, at least? Let's demand an audit...oh, wait didn't they do that already?

Comment

Working...
    X