Food Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Improvements

Watching the latest Ricola TV commercials, I thought about a flaw that product has. Mainly in its instability to heat and other climate factors; like when you leave it in your car, it gets sticky and soft, sticking to the wrapper and tastes prematurely-old.
    This seems to be a common problem with most cough drops, including Halls and Vicks.

One solution would be to coat them in a hard shell like say, Tic Tacs or Mentos, which are very stable.

Then there's microwave popcorn. Will they ever come out with a bag that pops every single kernel, and somehow magically stop the microwave before they get burnt?

I also have an issue with the chili-flavored "brown" gravy used on the Loco Moco and other dishes at Rainbow Drive In.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Food Improvements

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Watching the latest Ricola TV commercials, I thought about a flaw that product has. Mainly in its instability to heat and other climate factors; like when you leave it in your car, it gets sticky and soft, sticking to the wrapper and tastes prematurely-old.
    This seems to be a common problem with most cough drops, including Halls and Vicks.

One solution would be to coat them in a hard shell like say, Tic Tacs or Mentos, which are very stable.

Then there's microwave popcorn. Will they ever come out with a bag that pops every single kernel, and somehow magically stop the microwave before they get burnt?

I also have an issue with the chili-flavored "brown" gravy used on the Loco Moco and other dishes at Rainbow Drive In.
    I think there's a reason why there's no candy coating on cough drops, it won't work as fast

On Microwave popcorn, try freezing the bag before popping them. Frozen water molecules inside the kernels tend to pop faster than non-frozen kernels.

And lucky you have Rainbow Drive Inn! Ova hea in Hilo all we get is Cafe 100 (supposed home of the loco moco) and they use frozen beef patties that taste as bad as the cardboard box they come in.

I think the greatest food improvement was Taco Bell's soft wrapped hard tacos. Followed by Jack in the Box's Sirloin steak and eggs burrito, now that's a good breakfast meal with a nice hot coffee to wash that mess down.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
    X