Bug-a-Nator II (New toy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug-a-Nator II (New toy)

So I was shopping at City Mill when I spotted these at the front of the store. It's an electronic bug zapper shaped like a tennis racket. It was $9.99 and I succumbed to temptation. Who hasn't be bugged by some pesky fly that insists on hanging around?

I get it home and put batteries in it and push the button. Well, the LED lights. No noise at all. No crackle of high voltage, nothing. Well, gotta find a bug. Naturally they all hide. I figured this thing would just shock the critters. Boy, was I wrong. When I connected to a fly - POW!! Dang! They put these things in the hands of ordinary people??

Anyway, anyone else play with these? I see Longs has them on special for something like $6.79 (Arrrgh!)

Re: Bug-a-Nator II (New toy)

I got one of them. And yeah it's dangerous in the hands of drunk friends.

I killed a centipede with it once holding it down with the racket/swatter until it drained the batteries. The centipede was smoking but still twitching so I ended up smashing it with something.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

great. Tasers for amateurs.
      :::groan:::

pax

Comment

These things have been around for years. I bought my first one at Gaspro, and then a few more at the swap meet.

To date, I think I zapped myself about 5 times. 2 were on purpose (yes, alcohol was involved, along with dares from "friends"), while the other 3 were accidents, since the racket sometimes holds it's charge even after you let go of the button.

Mosquito's are my primary targets. I don't seem to have luck with those big B-52 Cockroaches, though. Unless you can roll them over so their feet are on the grill. It seems their backs are immune to electricity.

Be careful. Some of the bigger meatier bugs will actually explode, spraying bug innards all over the place.

Happy zapping

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
          Be careful. Some of the bigger meatier bugs will actually explode, spraying bug innards all over the place.
          I think I'll stick with my slippahs.

Comment

Hmmmm...interesting.

Get ukapila kine "Bugs" in Chinatown I could zap, zing and blast um!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X