Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite game to play indoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite game to play indoors?

Anybody want to share what his or her favorite game is and why?

I like games I can play with my kids and games that can be played over and over again, pretty much anywhere. I don't usually play games, as I'm often in a solitary mood, but when with friends, I enjoy Taboo and Pictionary. Players get really excited while playing and they are both just really fun. Okay, ya, and I'm decent with words and drawing so of course my preference is related to my ability to get points. I'm just so-so at my best friend's favorite, Scrabble, so I'll play but won't seek it out or get real excited while playing either.

My daughter's favorite is this nice wooden set of checkers we picked up at Walmart. A good choice for a six-year-old.
    Wendi Lau

www.LocalKineGames.com

Re: What's your favorite game to play indoors?

I really like the old classic card games - Phase 10 & Racko. Also, really like all the Cranium games. They are really good for small parties.

Comment

We went to the store to get some games for my homeschoolers, and there's so much out there! But the things I'm willing to spend my money on are the classic, simple games where you can still play if something gets lost and the pieces are pretty hardy and many ages can play.

We haven't Craniumed yet. Do you have a first Cranium game suggestion?
      Wendi Lau

www.LocalKineGames.com

Comment

It's too difficult to pick a favorite. Games lovers like me will play them indoors, outdoors, or beneath doors if that's where the game is. A few that leap to mind are tackle football in the dormitory hall (there's no out-of-bounds!) and water-balloon fights in the dormitory lounge.

Nowadays, Madden '08 is more my speed.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by mommyandkeiki View Post
          We haven't Craniumed yet. Do you have a first Cranium game suggestion?
          If you have younder children, they have age appropriate Cranium brand games. I'm not sure of those names. For older, the original Cranium is fun (ages 8 and up). It combines, drawing, trivia, charades, and even scultping. One of the younger versions is similar to this. I think the website is just Cranium.com. I've also played cranium pop 5 and it is another spin on cranium - still combines drawing, acting, and sculpting with pop culture.

What's nice about the original cranium is that they sell "booster" boxes. These are additional trivia cards and more playdo for sculpting, so you can continue the fun without having to buy a whole new game.

Comment

Backgammon and I need to get refreshed into cribbage, I've always enjoyed those two.

Comment

Video game: only NBA 2K8

Good ol' non-electronic games:
              Pepito/Pusoy
              Trumps
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

My kids like to play Monopoly. We were at the Salvation Army one day and my 12-year old wanted to buy it (despite missing half the money, cards and die-cast miniatures). To my surprise he loves playing it even though he plays Halo 3 on the X-Box 360. So for Christmas we got the kids the new Monopoly game that uses debit cards and the property values are in the millions of dollars.

I love to play the classic family game, "Who wants to wash the dishes?" and another all time family favorite, "Who's gonna take a bath first?" If I don't have any players, I pull out Daddy's favorite game, "You, do it!" We rarely play that game anymore.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I like playing "Scene It?" we have the Disney version and then this past Christmas I got the movie version and my son got the Harry Potter version. The Harry Potter one is the only one I can't win at (never watched any of the movies or read the books)!
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I'd call it a favorite, but when I hang out with a bunch of friends and we have nothing to do, the game of choice is usually some type of card game...usually trumps, rich man poor man, or phase 10.
                    Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

The first card game I learned was cribbage. My dad had a beautiful driftwood board. In turn, it was the first card game I taught any of my kids (and I have a beautiful raw wood crib board that I got off of ebay). We play cutthroat for point counting.

When in the mood to look at beauty, we are down for hanafuda.

My all-time favorite board game is Pirate and Traveler. These are the rules. The first edition of this game was in 1911. Next came the 1953 board, which is the best edition, most beautiful graphics on the game board, and the only edition I recommend buying (1911 edition is for curiosity's sake; 1953 is for actual playing). Then the 1960 board. Final printing was in 1970, which was, by far, the ugliest edition. Look it up on ebay; these boards are still for sale, and you can see for yourself.

That game taught me to appreciate the world.

pax

Comment

My grandkids are majorly into board games. Candyland, Chutes and Ladders. We have the Nintendo Wii thing but (OMG I am so embarrassed) it is still in the box. My husband bought it only because it seemed to be the "thing to do" at work and everyone else was buying one.
                        We are soooo out of the loop.

Comment

My favorite board games:
                          • Stratego
                          • Checkers
                          • Chess - not very good at it
                          • Monopoly
                          • Sorry
                          • Candy Land - probably the first board game I learned

My favorite Macintosh games (mostly classic Mac stuff)
                          • Sim City Classic
                          • Sim City 2000
                          • Crystal Quest
                          • Arkanoid
                          • Klondike
                          • Tetris
                          • Tetris 2000
                          • Invaders

Other electronic games
                          • Mario - 8 bit NES
                          • Galaxian - 8 bit NES
                          • Tetris - 8 bit NES
                          • Konane - Palm IIIc
                          • Tetris - Palm IIIc
                          • Falling Tiles - Palm IIIc
                          • Pong - original Atari home console
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Kendo.

That's an indoor game

Comment

all time, all ages, most favoritest game in the world to play is tickle fight.

*shrug*

i'm killer at scrabble, too, but eric has been trying for several years now to disprove that.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                              X