Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Anyone here have a Tempur-Pedic mattress or know of anyone who has one? Opinions?
    I tried one out yesterday and was smitten but the price tag----eeeeeeeeeeek.

Re: Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

heheheh

We do and love it. We also have the pillows.

And yes...the glass of wine doesn't spill nor does an egg breaks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

(wanna see?)
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

We tried one at the store, but I wasn't enthalled. I had a hard time turning over. My daughters each have one and love them.

We opted for a firm mattress with 2" of memory foam ontop. It seems to be working fine, though despite turning, there are dips in the foam.

You get more heat coming off a Tempur-pedic I understand. Could be good in the winter, but summer could be something else.
      Aloha,
      Mokihana

Comment

I have the thick memory foam layer on top of a mattress which is heavy enough as it is...couldn't imagine trying to lug a Tempur-Pedic mattress into my room. If I could get it (meaning afford ) I would but I'm very happy with the foam layer. But I love the foam and I'm soooo glad we got it because my mattresses were always hand-me-downs from relatives and they felt like ass.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          heheheh

We do and love it. We also have the pillows.

And yes...the glass of wine doesn't spill nor does an egg breaks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

(wanna see?)
          LOL---sure. The wine trick might be useful but I doubt that we would be flinging eggs in the bedroom.

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
          We tried one at the store, but I wasn't enthalled. I had a hard time turning over. My daughters each have one and love them.

We opted for a firm mattress with 2" of memory foam ontop. It seems to be working fine, though despite turning, there are dips in the foam.

You get more heat coming off a Tempur-pedic I understand. Could be good in the winter, but summer could be something else.
          I noticed the "hard time turning over" thing too but I think it was because of the fleecy surface of the mattress. I was wondering about heat retention during the summer, too. We don't have A/C.

So your daughters love it---any comments from them about the temperature issue?

Auntie Lynne? (Oh I just KNOW she'll have something to say about the heat thing.... )

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            LOL---sure. The wine trick might be useful but I doubt that we would be flinging eggs in the bedroom.

I noticed the "hard time turning over" thing too but I think it was because of the fleecy surface of the mattress. I was wondering about heat retention during the summer, too. We don't have A/C.

So your daughters love it---any comments from them about the temperature issue?

Auntie Lynne? (Oh I just KNOW she'll have something to say about the heat thing.... )

It's definitely warmer than a regular mattress. I've noticed it and so we end up sleeping with less covers because of it. My daughters don't seem to have an issue with the warmer temperature, (they sleep with fewer blankets too) but then, we live in the Pacific NW and not a tropical climate like I used to. A friend of mine just got 2" of memory foam for their mattress, and her husband, who's always inclined to be cold, said that he definitely felt more warm with the foam.

On really hot nights here, which can happen, we end up with just a sheet.

I remember, growing up in Mānoa Valley, how during Kona weather I'd turn my pillow over and over, trying to find a cool spot.

Tempur-Pedic in Kona weather doesn't sound like a good match to me... but on a regular night with the trades blowing, it could be okay.
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
              It's definitely warmer than a regular mattress. I've noticed it and so we end up sleeping with less covers because of it. My daughters don't seem to have an issue with the warmer temperature, (they sleep with fewer blankets too) but then, we live in the Pacific NW and not a tropical climate like I used to. A friend of mine just got 2" of memory foam for their mattress, and her husband, who's always inclined to be cold, said that he definitely felt more warm with the foam.

On really hot nights here, which can happen, we end up with just a sheet.

I remember, growing up in Mānoa Valley, how during Kona weather I'd turn my pillow over and over, trying to find a cool spot.

Tempur-Pedic in Kona weather doesn't sound like a good match to me... but on a regular night with the trades blowing, it could be okay.
              I've gotten feedback from a few others IRL and I think the heat thing might end up being an issue. Until further notice I think we'll put the idea on hold.

The mattress sure was comfortable in the showroom though....sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                I have the thick memory foam layer on top of a mattress which is heavy enough as it is...couldn't imagine trying to lug a Tempur-Pedic mattress into my room.
                That's the truth about the weight being an issue. We have the thick memory foam (bought for a decent price at a big box retailer), and the kids have them also. We keep them topped with mattress pads and cotton quilts, then the sheets. That way, there is a cotton layer between us and the foam, so it stays comfortable and not too hot. And, even with the mattress pads, the memory foam still works fine.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                  heheheh

Actually, I don't feel any HEAT.

My air-conditioner is always on rain or shine due to health reasons. It's always at a cool 70 degrees.

Our Tempur-Pedic ~ covered with a sheet protector. We have as sheet then a comforter. It is sooooo comfortable. We melt in it. Our bodies entwined in each other.heheheh Two old fuddie duddies ackiing like teenagers...neba mind. TMI

HAHAHAHAHAH

I use to have a hard time sleeping but not anymoa. Now, I have a hard time getting outta bed.

Problem is everyone who comes ova wants to take a nap in my room.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I'm glad I found this thread--we gotta get the mattress off the floor; dh spent last night in misery with a back spasm. A memory foam layer with cotton might do it. Y'all so hepful!!

Comment

aaaaah...the lack of bounceback would be something to which i'd object vehemently...if for nothing else than non-sleep activities.

sorry. sometimes i'm a little too compulsively honest.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                        aaaaah...the lack of bounceback would be something to which i'd object vehemently...if for nothing else than non-sleep activities.
                        Oh..dear. Don't need a bed to be bouncy or not. It's all in dee moves.

Experience.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Oh..dear. Don't need a bed to be bouncy or not. It's all in dee moves.

Experience.

Auntie Lynn
                          maybe i don't "need" it to be bouncy.

"preference."

superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                            maybe i don't "need" it to be bouncy.

"preference."

Das how.

Every woman is different.heheheh

SECRETS....HAHAHAHAHA!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey, look over there! It's the official website!

Here are some reviews!

There are even a few Ask MetaFilter threads mentioning them.

Comment

Working...
                              X