caregiver needed in kailua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caregiver needed in kailua

we are looking for a caregiver in kailua for mom who has end stage alzheimer's. rates negotiable. hours are fri-sunday from 1230-700pm. qualified individual must be able to assist with toileting, walking, bathing and eating. no sleeping, please. just an all around great companion.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Re: caregiver needed in kailua

okay. so either no one is interested or the hours/days aren't doable? anyway, we will try to work with the two men we have. one started yesterday. the other starts this thrursday. so we'll see.
    "chaos reigns within.
    order shall return."

Comment

Your post touched my heart. I also take care of my eighty-three year old mom who had ten operations last year and an active three year old grandson. I'm in the process of opening up a business. If I didn't, I would've been honored to watch your mom.

Good luck and God bless.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

1stwahine: thank you for your support. i know you can empathize with me and my situation. whoa! ten operations on your mom, a three year old grandson and a business!
        sounds like we have the same kind of life. except, i no longer have my restaurant (thank GOD) and i don't have grandchildren. i do have fur babies, though. 4 dogs and 4 cats. all adopted. and, lastly, "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." although i am not religious, i do consider myself spiritual and pray for strength and guidance. we'll just have to see how this all plays out.
        "chaos reigns within.
        order shall return."

Comment

kani-lehua, The joy and opportunity of taking care our mothers outweigh the hardship. When my mom was on narcotics for her open heart surgery, it was a time of sadness for me. I remember serving her oatmeal and milk in a bowl. She didn't want it and threw it upon the wall. In fact, she threw practically everything at me. She didn't know what she was doing. Once the medications were finished, she was back to normal.

Now she's frail and needs assistance to walk. Too much pride to use a wheelchair. Stubborn just like me. But you know, my MAMA is my best friend. I lay in her bed and we wala'au for hours. Me and my MAMA.

Taking care of one's spouse or parent is not easy. I've done both. Our payment is love and knowing we've done our best. There is no price for what we do. Yet, you need respite or you will get sick.

Love and ALOHA,

1stwahine
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's a hard job. Taking care of my mother basically killed my father.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

1stwahine: i have lived through all the abusiveness. both physical, emotional and psychological. every emotion is alive. but, it's different now, with mom. she has mellowed some (not totally) and eats everything i cook for her now. before, everything was RUBBISH! this woman is very stubborn, too. and although she doesn't have her mind anymore, she does have her own "mind". does that make any sense?

buzz1941: we don't want what happened to your mother to happen to us. that's why we need respite and other caregivers to help. people don't realize how difficult it is unless they have experienced it first hand. let's not forget, we will all be there some day.

other than those depressing thoughts, it's a beautiful day in kailua!
              "chaos reigns within.
              order shall return."

Comment

Working...
              X