Patrick Swayze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Swayze

Today brings sad news that Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

http://www.patrickswayze.net/gennews1.htm

What makes this development especially sad is all this is happening just as his career is experiencing a resurgence after a number of years where he had seemingly "disappeared" from the Hollywood scene. My best wishes and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully, his condition will respond to treatment.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Patrick Swayze

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Today brings sad news that Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

http://www.patrickswayze.net/gennews1.htm

What makes this development especially sad is all this is happening just as his career is experiencing a resurgence after a number of years where he had seemingly "disappeared" from the Hollywood scene. My best wishes and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully, his condition will respond to treatment.
    Frankie's Market,
    I think that pancreatic cancer is pretty much a quick death sentence, like one to two months. I agree that Patrick Swayze is a fun guy to watch. I hope he can beat the odds. I was sadden to see this news. I absolutely LOVED "Ghost."
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Oh, man...this is heart breaking. I've been a Swayze fan for years. Loved "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost" and was thinking recently that he'd be a great contestant on "Dancing with the Stars". I'll send positive thoughts his way.

Comment

He was in some guilty pleasure movies such as Roadhouse and Point Break. What was that line in Point Break about 100 percent pure Adrenalin?

Comment

That's sad. I remember seeing Swayze dancing with his wife, Lisa Niemi, dancing together on some tv special and thinking they were really something together.

I don't understand this quote: "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," the statement read." from this article: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...04120&GT1=7701

How can he have a very limited amount of pancreatic cancer? I thought you either had it or you didn't and that by the time it is diagnosed, it's almost always a death sentence because the beginnings of the illness are usually symptomless and by the time symptoms appear the cancer has usually progressed far.

Comment

Saw him in Keeping Mum as Lance the golf instructor. I enjoyed him in Dirty Dancing and Ghost as well. I'm praying for him.

Lovena
            Lovena

Comment

Working...
            X