Ka La Makuahine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka La Makuahine

It's never too early to think about how you'll pay tribute to She Who Made You. What do you like best about your mom? And what are your plans for Mother's Day? (Psst... it's May 9.) If it includes a nice dinner out, you better make your reservations now!

Re: Ka La Makuahine

Ai, that's not even two weeks from now. What to do?...

Comment

Dang, don't even have a clue this year! I hinted to my wife that I wanted to purchase a laptop, and she said, "Well, I better get something good for Mother's Day!"

Can someone say, "Dilemna?"

Comment

Ooh. Those oh-just-this-once indulgence "trades" are tough. Is your wife even remotely techy? My wife was dubious about my obsession with the iPod music player... until I got her one. Now she spends more time with it than me!

Comment

I like get one ticket back to da 'aina, but I tink not going happen.

I going send my madda one gift certificate to one flowah stoah... den she can get any kine she like.
          Aloha,
          Mokihana

Comment

So what did y'all ultimately do for mom's special day?

My brother and I took our mom (and our respective families) to an early dinner at Chili's (early being 3 p.m., to completely avoid any crowds). For gifts, I got my mom some whole bean kona coffee, and I got my wife a fancy kitchen scale and a second freezer (for stockpiling groceries)... I also steam cleaned the carpet, but some would say that was my job to do anyway.

Simple and sweet was the theme, I guess. We'll have to wait until we're rich to go bananas at the jewelry store!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              So what did y'all ultimately do for mom's special day?
              I know it's late, but what the hey...
              I took me mum to brunch at the Embassy Suites in Kaanapali (Maui) and, of course, over-ate...

pzarquon: maybe you should start the "Father's Day" thread??? (I'd do it me-self, but I'm shy )

kukui_nut

Comment

Working...
              X