Hello? Did Rapture occur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello? Did Rapture occur?

Man this board is dead dead dead tonight.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Hello? Did Rapture occur?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

if it had happened, aren't you sposed to be one of the ones who went?
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      if it had happened, aren't you sposed to be one of the ones who went?
      yeah I thought that too but then again...if the party's here I guess the cops came in already and broke it up cuz it's pretty quiet now

Comment

yeah I thought that too but then again...if the party's here I guess the cops came in already and broke it up cuz it's pretty quiet now
        i doubt the people who would be raptured are capable of having a party so rowdy the cops would be called.

i figure the rapture would work much like how the KGB did back in the day. one evening you're there; the next morning, everyone pretends you never existed anyway.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i doubt the people who would be raptured are capable of having a party so rowdy the cops would be called.

i figure the rapture would work much like how the KGB did back in the day. one evening you're there; the next morning, everyone pretends you never existed anyway.

I was talking about the people left behind having the party...

And with rapture everyone left behind will suddenly feel the reality check tapping on their shoulder.

That is if it really does happen right?

Comment

The Rapture. My tooth cracked and I'm in pain.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

And with rapture everyone left behind will suddenly feel the reality check tapping on their shoulder.

and that reality check is supposed to be ominous? a world without rush and some other neo-cons is a much better, more heavenly and truly christ-like world, in my opinion.

but if you were left behind, i wouldn't object. of course, i'm more open-minded and welcoming than anyone who would be raptured, anyway.

hey, do you think any of the remaining three pres candidates would be raptured? i'm not counting nader. i don't think st. peter or lucifer would want him.

Comment

and that reality check is supposed to be ominous? a world without rush and some other neo-cons is a much better, more heavenly and truly christ-like world, in my opinion.

but if you were left behind, i wouldn't object. of course, i'm more open-minded and welcoming than anyone who would be raptured, anyway.

hey, do you think any of the remaining three pres candidates would be raptured? i'm not counting nader. i don't think st. peter or lucifer would want him.
                Ha ha ha They're all politicians and for that I'd wonder if either would want them in their abodes.

A politician in Hell? Too risky for Lucifer...in Heaven? With the likes of Dubya and Bill as role models for either party, I'd lock the Pearly Gates if either tried to enter.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  [...]My tooth cracked and I'm in pain.[...]
                  Oh...me, too! Had a crown prep yesterday. No pain, tho' 'cuz the tooth that cracked wasn't a tooth at all. It was a 30 year old (at least) crown! I luv my dentist!

Hope you're feeling better, Auntie...

Comment

I have heard some people believe the rapture occurs just once and some people believe there is a "pre-rapture" where all the definitely saved people go and all the not saved and "borderline" people are left. Then the borderline people have a period of time to be really really good so when the second chance occurs, they can be saved. I have seen references to estate plans that provide that if the person making the plan disappears at a time when others also disappear, one should assume the rapture has occurred and treat the person's estate as if they had died. Some plans go further to provide that if the rapture occurs, the person's estate assets should be left to an organization or organizations created to help the batch of borderline people be saved (I guess if you believe that the rapture occurs in two parts). I have also heard there is a net "service" that, in the event of the rapture, would automatically send emails to people you list saying basically, haha I got saved and you didn't.

By the way, I don't mean this post to say that I don't believe the rapture may occur. I just find it interesting how some people are planning for it *g*

Comment

Based on the time of your posting, only those with insomnia would be here in the middle of the night.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Oh...me, too! Had a crown prep yesterday. No pain, tho' 'cuz the tooth that cracked wasn't a tooth at all. It was a 30 year old (at least) crown! I luv my dentist!

Hope you're feeling better, Auntie...
                        Got it fixed yesterday. Dang! I'm so afraid of Dentists.

Childhood Trauma.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                          I have heard some people believe the rapture occurs just once...
                          Yeah Jehova Witnesses feel that way, and then there only a select number. I kinda believe that too although I'm not a JW.

Comment

I am majorly sick. Cough cough cough. Haven't been this sick in years.
                            Aloha,
                            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
                              I am majorly sick. Cough cough cough. Haven't been this sick in years.
                              *sprays Lysol all over his monitor, keyboard, mouse, and everywhere on or near his computer desk.*
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X