Aloha from Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Northern California

My name is Darrell. My wife, Janice, and I bought an acre of land on the Big Island. We're coming over in May to start to line up a contractor to build.

We're both excited and happy to make this change in our lives. We both grew up and spent our lives in the redwoods of Northern Cal and are ready for a change of scenery.

Not worried about a job. I'll be retired then and my wife is on disability. But, I will probably look to work part-time just to have something else to do. anyway, rambld on enough.

I'm just here to introduce myself and say Aloha.
    Age and Treachery will always beat youth and skill

Re: Aloha from Northern California

Aloha back atcha...and welcome to HT. We're a delightfully dysfunctional family!

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! We are like family in here!
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Aloha!!
        Mmmmm, redwoods. Sven and I spent summer and Xmas in Humboldt last year and it was sooo beautiful!
        Welcome!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Aloha, Turtlegirl, what part of Humboldt were you in? We live in Fortuna.

Comment

Well, the mail went to Miranda, but we were at his parents cabin in the woods nearby. Yeah, we're sorta hippies!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              Well, the mail went to Miranda, but we were at his parents cabin in the woods nearby. Yeah, we're sorta hippies!
              We stayed in Miranda once, in a little cabin in the redwoods. I think the name of the place was Miranda Gardens. Cute, cool....rustic but with decent amenities. My daughter lives in Northern CA---we're headed there in July.

Comment

Miranda is a nice little town. About 30 miles south of where I live. Lot of little cabins out that way. Just have to be careful you doin't stray into someone's pot patch. LOL Could be a problem.

Hippies are ok. I've never had a problem with them.

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post

Comment

Sticking out my hand (imagine your grasping them and I am shaking your hand) Aloha. I am from Hawaii but I don't live there anymore One day I will return, someday....um okay wishful thinking on my part Welcome to HT where the topics are always wholesome and....and......and....interesting, yes interesting. You'll learn a lot on it. Look at me for example
                  A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Aloha nui!

Hope life will be maika'i on Moku Hawai'i.

Like your wife, I too have a disability, but dat no mattah.

E malama pono!
                    'Alika

Comment

Working...
                    X