Kauai in National Geographic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kauai in National Geographic

The Na Pali coast is featured in this month's National Geographic!
    The pictures alone make me want to run to the airport!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Kauai in National Geographic

Hate to burst your bubble but you can't simply drive to the Na Pali coast. You need to hike in at least 8 miles. There is also seeing it from a boat or a helicopter.

Comment

Ummm, Helen? Turtlegirl mentioned the NG article made her want to run to the airport. I took that to mean that she wanted to hop a plane to Kauai. She made no mention of how she intended to see the Na Pali coast so, hopefully, no bubble was burst!

Comment

Andy at "A Kauai Blog" is unimpressed:
        Starting with the obvious comparison to Shangri-La and giving only brief and inaccurate explanations of geology and Hawaiian culture, the article mostly centers around the writer’s trek on the trail. And there, predictably, the difficulty is exaggerated, the valley resisdents are stereotyped, and the story of Koolau the leper is told once again. Then the writer goes on to say how the campground is trashed and the ambiance ruined by a boombox. Granted, the “vibe” of the place can change from year to year, and maybe the trash is far more noticeable than when I was there last, but it sounds like the author had unrealistic expectations.

Comment

Working...
        X