Read threads no longer dimmed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read threads no longer dimmed.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I read threads via the "Latest" link. Until a couple of days ago, after reading a thread and returning to the "Latest" list, the perused thread was then dimmed making it easy to keep track of what I'd already read. Not so now. I can't find any control for that under "User CP". Thoughts?

Re: Read threads no longer dimmed...

Ha! It's now started working!

Comment

Re: Read threads no longer dimmed.

Good morning, tutu! Yes, I noticed it yesterday and this morning--it seems to take a couple of screen changes sometimes for the link to "unbold."

Comment

It could be that when you started to read a thread it had x amount of posts to it. While that is happening someone adds a response to it, you don't see that new response until you click on the "Latest" link.

The other thing that could explain it is that there are bunch of new responses to a thread, some of them are on one page, the others on the next page. You only see the ones in the first set when you click on the read unread links.

Comment

Aha! "Unbold"...that's a more appropriate word. Yep...it took a few screen changes. But if I close HT (not log off) and when I open it again, the process repeats itself! The list of threads stays bold for at least a couple of screen changes. My tutu brain looks forward to the read threads "unbolding" so I know what I've read!

Comment

I have seen that happening too. Not to worry if you wait long enough between the time you close a window to HawaiiThreads and start it up again it should flag the treads you have read as read.

Comment

Thanks, Helen. I'm aware of the added post theory and the multiple page theory but those don't seem to be the cases right now. AAMOF, previously if after reading a thread and returning to the Latest list, if it was still bold I instantly knew one or more posts had been added while I was reading. The "unbolding" feature seems to have changed over the past couple of days. I've not experienced this before. There are certainly bigger problems in life, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                I have seen that happening too. Not to worry if you wait long enough between the time you close a window to HawaiiThreads and start it up again it should flag the treads you have read as read.
                Sometimes that's hours and with no added posts and no unbolding. I'll open HT a few hours later and the threads I've already read have not been updated but are still in bold. I don't think my pattern of use has changed while the pattern of unbolding has. As I alluded to, this is not one of life's major problems but the unbolding was very helpful in keeping track of read threads. Something seems to be interfering with that of late.

Comment

Sometimes I hit the "back" button on firefox instead of hitting the "HawaiiThreads.com" button when returning to the main page. When I do that it remains bold. But when I hit the HawaiiThareads.com button, it unbolds (is that a real word? )

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                    Sometimes I hit the "back" button on firefox instead of hitting the "HawaiiThreads.com" button when returning to the main page. When I do that it remains bold. But when I hit the HawaiiThareads.com button, it unbolds (is that a real word? )
                    I think it gets disembold. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X