Automatic air fresheners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic air fresheners

It seems Ozium and Febreze, my prefererences for thier eliminating abilities, don't have automatics.
    Where are some cheaper (but effective without being gross) auto's to be found?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Automatic air fresheners

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    It seems Ozium and Febreze, my prefererences for thier eliminating abilities, don't have automatics.
    Glade and Wizard makes em and can be found in the cleaning aisles of most stores.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Your key word, as you've emphasized, is "eliminating". Most air fresheners just temporarily mask. If it's a temporary odor, that's fine. But for lingering odors that can take much longer to dissipate you need something better. I wonder if "eliminating" is what prevents Ozium and Febreze from marketing an automatic system? Inquiring minds wanna know!

I prefer reed type diffusers which are costlier but last a long time. Then, again, I have a very, very reduced sense of smell. I really don't need to buy any of these products!

Comment

Yes, I emphisized elimination even tho that's probably not totally possible, but it's for cigarette smoke/smell which might be easier to reduce than some others. I figured something that regularly kicks out would do the trick, but it seems options are rather limited, without ponying up some real $.
        I will do as Craig suggests to see what the basics available are. Google didn't turn up much of anything advanced.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

it's for cigarette smoke/smell which might be easier to reduce than some others.
          Home or auto? For home use, you might look into a air filter. I picked up a "HEPA type" with the Honeywell name from Longs. I'm quite impressed. It seems to help my allergies. I think it would help with smoke in the home.

Comment

Make sure it says HEPA and not HEPA style. The two are different and the latter isn't as effective as a true HEPA filter.

If you're asthmatic (spelling?) you may want to stay away from those ionic filters. They work great for killing odors but isn't recommended for those with asthma.

When I worked at Clear Channel, Perry and Price used to do a live 10-second spot for the Sharper Image's Ionic Breeze air purifier. The Sharper Image gave us one of those units to try out so we put it in one of the newsrooms where one of our news producers (Roz Makaula) worked in. Michael W. Perry called her sneezy because she always...sneezed.

Perry's on air endorsement of the product indicated Roz's reduction in sneezing meant the Ionic Breeze worked as claimed.

One day Roz got a bouquet of roses and put it in the newsroom. When I came in to work she told me of the flowers and said it smelled wonderful. So I went in and sniffed the air...nothing. She came in and smelled nothing as well. We turned off the Ionic Breeze and within a couple of minutes, the newsroom was filled with this scent of roses! We turned it back on and within minutes the air was clear of any scent.

Hmmm...it worked too good it seems.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Make sure it says HEPA and not HEPA style.
              Nope, it's "HEPA Type".

But it seems to work for me. The ionizer can be turned off.

I think the one problem with the ionic breeze is that I can't see how it can pull that much air though the unit. Maybe good for a really small room, but not a a larger room like a bedroom. Especially one with a open window.

You might want to look around on the web for reviews. Many think the Ionic Breeze is over priced and not as effective.

Comment

Working...
              X