Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's day '08!

Got any plans?

I'm renting a car from early in the morning (Sunday 5/11), it's all set.
    Then go pick up Mom and take a nice leisurely drive North shore way.

Returning to town in the afternoon where my wife will meet us at home,
    she's got stuff to do in the morning anyways.

Then I'll take the three of us out to dinner at the "Hau tree Lanai" restaurant.
    Already have reservations. Sunset is at 7:01 that night.

Mom'll spend the night at our place and I'll take her home midday monday.

We'll see what my wife and I decide to do that night?!

Returning the car early Tuesday morning, so two day rental.

That's my plan...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Mother's day '08!

Nothing for Mother's Day, unfortunately, because I wasn't able to book the flight that soon, but my mom will be arriving in Hawaii for the first time in her life on the 14th and staying a week. Most expensive present I've ever bought.
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

I went to ftd.com and got my mommy a big boquet of tulips!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I sent Mother's Day cards to mom, sis, aunt, s-i-l. Just got off the unemployment train, so I think I get a pass this year.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My mom has a postcard sized photo of her mom, grandmother, uncle, and great aunt. Being that my mom's mom passed at a young age and it's the only photo my mother has of her mom, this photo's very important to her.

I was able to get that photo enlarged to a 16x20 poster photo and framed at Pictures Plus. I can't wait to see her reaction on Mother's Day!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Sent a card for the actual day coming up, but we celebrated together last weekend. She now lives a couple hours away from us (rather than a couple thousand miles away), so we had a full weekend that included:
            - a concert by S+S (Stephen Inglis + Shawn Livingston Moseley) plus special guest Cindy Combs, all three musicians visiting from Hawai`i
            - Cirque du Soleil's touring production of "Corteo"
            - hanging out at the monthly song-circle of SUPA: Seattle `Ukulele Players Association

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              [...]
              I was able to get that photo enlarged to a 16x20 poster photo and framed at Pictures Plus. I can't wait to see her reaction on Mother's Day!
              I don't know your mom, Lei, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see her expression. Whatta great gift.

Comment

Got a room at the Marriott Waikiki for 2 nights from tomorrow - we're off to the Shell on Friday night for the Smokey Robinson concert, massages on Saturday at the Spa, lunch at the Top of Waikiki, Gladys Knight concert that evening, then check out of the hotel Sunday morning - home to pick up the kids and off to a Mother's Day Brunch (hopefully! I haven't made reservations anywhere yet).

I know, it's kinda weird to leave the kids at home but the weekend is tripling as a belated birthday present for hubby (he was in California for his special day), Mother's day treat for me and our 'Return to Romance' weekend.

I'm stocking up on the energy drinks so I can last the weekend because I'm really tempted to just go to the room and sleep - wake up - order room service then back to sleep. I've been so tired lately that's all I want to do!

As for my mum, I always get her the same thing - a yearly subscription to the mags I freelance for. That way, her "gifts" come once a month - not just once a year. And like any proud mum, she likes to show off my work to her friends.

My kids already gave me their present - a new iPhone! I've been dropping hints to hubby all year and now I have one!! He said it was "from the kids" - then followed up with - "I can't wait until Father's Day!" This Mother's Day (weekend) is going to be a tough one to top!!
                Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
                X