Great Hairdresser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Hairdresser

I need to find a great hairdresser, preferably in Kailua or Kaneohe. I asked some of my friends for advice, but they all get their hair done by one girl who works out of her house and does hair part time, and that's not what I'm looking for.
    I need a trim, color, and natural looking highlights. Also need to be able to get good hairstyles and/ or blowouts once or twice a month. All for a fair price.
    Any recommendations?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: great hairdresser

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I need to find a great hairdresser, preferably in Kailua or Kaneohe. I asked some of my friends for advice, but they all get their hair done by one girl who works out of her house and does hair part time, and that's not what I'm looking for.
    I need a trim, color, and natural looking highlights. Also need to be able to get good hairstyles and/ or blowouts once or twice a month. All for a fair price.
    Any recommendations?
    jaime at the fix, for sure! here's the address & phone no: 315 Uluniu Street #102 Kailua Hawaii 96734 808-261-9728. it's right by cinnamon's restaurant so you can conveniently have one of the best breakfasts before an appointment if you schedule it that way.

i was a customer of jaime's for a few years when he was at j salon downtown. i'd still get my herr did with him if only his new location at the fix wasn't so out of the way for me. he's really great at considering your hair's condition, your desires & lifestyle, and pampering you. my hair is errr...boob length, i guess is the best way to say it; very fine but i have a lot of it. i wear it with layers around the face and sometimes bangs, depending on my mood. if i get my hair cut with lesser stylists, initially my hairstyle will look pretty good. but within two months, the style will get shaggy. jaime's cuts hold their shape even four, five months after the fact. he is also a great colorist. additionally, he's one of those people who have a soul of light--exuberant, friendly, wants nothing less than to make you feel beautiful. totally ego-less, too. he doesn't act as if you've cheated on him if you see another stylist and then come back to him. i cannot speak more positively about him.

i've recommended him to two of my girlfriends and neither one of them will let anyone touch their hair anymore. one has really long hair that goes past her budunkadunk; the other has a very adorable pixie cut.

jaime's myspace page (to which i linked above) includes comments from some of his clients; here's a comment on citysearch.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I had been getting my short hair colored and cut in SC for a while to the tune of about $60-70 per visit. Here I decided to color myself (it kinda does its own highlights) and went to Fantastic Sam's. (in Wahiawa.)

After a couple of visits I have found a good stylist I like (she's good at short hair.) I was afraid the coloring would be a problem, but I use plenty conditioner and sometimes even rub a drop (just 1 drop!) of coconut oil onto my hair when I'm done. I'm happy with it, as I was afraid I would have to go back to gray...too young yet! Am also spending less, so now I can spend that money on gas and food.

So keep asking and until you find the solution to the coloring, try the franchises for a trim. That could help keep you out of the "part-time, out-of-the-house" arena.

Comment

Thanks, girls!

I got my hair done today at the Fix, and I'm so happy with it! Jamie is a nice kid and a great hairdresser. Yay!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanks, girls!

I got my hair done today at the Fix, and I'm so happy with it! Jamie is a nice kid and a great hairdresser. Yay!
          awesome! i know what it's like to be stylist-less, so i'm very glad for you!
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Thanks, girls!

i second that! he's really a cool guy!
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
            X