5/18 - Shirokiya Presents "Japanese Superheroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/18 - Shirokiya Presents "Japanese Superheroes"

(Just received this announcement from a friend of mine who is involved in this event)

Sunday, May 18, 2008
    2:00-3:30pm

(Honolulu, Hawaii) Shirokiya at Ala Moana Center presents “Japanese Superheroes” with a live appearance of the Kikaida Brothers and another Japanese TV superhero of the 1970s, Inazuman.

There will be free picture taking with the superheroes, Kikaida-oke, free superhero balloons while supplies last, and free autographs by actors Ban Daisuke (Jiro in Kikaida and Watari Goro in Inazuman) and Ikeda Shunsuke (Ichiro in Kikaida 01).

The Inazuman DVD Box Set will be released in November 2008 by JN Productions, producers of the Kikaida, Kikaida 01 and Kamen Rider V3 DVD Box Sets. In the TV series of the mid-seventies, Inazuman, the Fighter for Freedom battles mutant monsters of the evil Bamba Empire who threaten the citizens of Japan. The Inazuman DVD Box Set will be sold exclusively at Shirokiya, Ala Moana Center and on-line at www.generationkikaida.com.

In addition to the Japanese superheroes, Hawaii’s newest superhero “Dragonfly” will appear, as well as actors from the Hawaii TV series “Ninja EX” and “Blood of the Samurai.”

Re: 5/18 - Shirokiya Presents “japanese Superheroes”

As you may know, HT's very own "Hilo Artist" is the man behind all those suits.

Here's a several shots from a similar event at Shirokiya that took place a few years ago...

Kikaida, Ban "Jiro" Daisuke, and Aunty Joanne Ninomiya, founder of JN Productions, the producer of the Kikaida & Kamen Rider DVD series...

This Kikaida mask was molded directly from an actual piece used in the original 1970's Toei series...

Of all the superheroes ever created, including Iron Man, Spider Man, etc., I still say Kikaida's design (including the story behind it) was the most imaginative and striking in appearance, and ahead of its time, both back in the 70's, as well as today.

01 was OK, but never had quite the charm of the original series.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I made an attempt to get the Kikaida Brothers on "NightTime" but Kikaida 01 flies back the day of 5/19 and Ban Daisuke was going through an eventful weekend.

Bummer...

However, we'll have "Dragonfly" on our 7pm taping Monday 5/19. Sam Campos the creator will bring 2-3 monsters with him.
      Last edited by Exhaulted_Ruler; May 18, 2008, 09:03 PM.
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        As you may know, HT's very own "Hilo Artist" is the man behind all those suits.

Here's a several shots from a similar event at Shirokiya that took place a few years ago...

Kikaida, Ban "Jiro" Daisuke, and Aunty Joanne Ninomiya, founder of JN Productions, the producer of the Kikaida & Kamen Rider DVD series...

This Kikaida mask was molded directly from an actual piece used in the original 1970's Toei series...

Of all the superheroes ever created, including Iron Man, Spider Man, etc., I still say Kikaida's design (including the story behind it) was the most imaginative and striking in appearance, and ahead of its time, both back in the 70's, as well as today.

01 was OK, but never had quite the charm of the original series.
        Howzit Pomai

Will PM you ... Wasnt my costumes this year

Aloha
        Layne
        Last edited by Hilo Artist; May 18, 2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X