Sony 19" flat-panel LCD computer monitor: $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony 19" flat-panel LCD computer monitor: $200

Model SDM HS93, four years old, flawless condition.

1280 x 1024 display resolution, EnergyStar rated at 50W or less power consumption. Intuitive front-panel touch controls.

Physical dimensions 19" wide, 18" high, 3" thick on 11" diameter swivel/tilt base.

All manuals, software drivers, original box, cables, & connectors included.

Selling due to downsizing.
    Attached Files
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Re: Sony 19" flat-panel LCD computer monitor: $200

Craigslist usually sells pretty quickly, but the economy must be worse than I thought.

Caller #1 (10 minutes after the ad went up):
    "Hi, I'm calling about your monitor, can you come down on the price?"
    Me: "Um, I don't see why I'd want to do that."
    Them: "OK, thanks, bye."

Caller #2 (an hour later): "Hi, I'm calling about your monitor, can you come down on the price?"
    Me: "Um, I don't see why I'd want to do that."
    Them: "I can't afford $200."
    Me: "Well, if you can find a cheaper monitor with this size & quality then you should buy it."
    Them: "You're in Mililani, right? I'll call you when I get near there."
    Haven't heard from them since.

Caller #3 (A day into the listing):
    "Hi, is the monitor still for sale?"
    Me: "Yes, when would you like to come see it?"
    Them: "Can I run it from my laptop?"
    Me: "Yes, that's how I'm running it now."
    Them: "How about you meet me halfway somewhere in Pearl City?"
    Me: "Well, I need to plug the monitor into a 120v receptacle if you want to see how it's working."
    Them: "Oh, I can't get up to Mililani because I don't have a car. Can you pick me up in Pearl City and take me to your place?"
    Me: "No thanks, I don't want to do that."
    Them: "OK, I'll call you back as soon as I get a ride. What's your address?"

We always get a few lookie-lookies from Craigslist but I've never had three strikes in such short order. If you computer-savvy posters think I'm overpriced then I'm willing to consider the evidence.

Or maybe people are just out of cash. We're considering selling our 15-year-old 19 mpg Taurus wagon next month for $1495, but maybe we should wait until the summer moving season is well underway-- or gas prices relax a bit.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Comment

I think Costco is selling brand new 22" LCDs, wide aspect, for around $200-$250, so I'm not sure how good a deal a four-year standard aspect 19" screen would be at $200. Sure, the Coscto ones are not Sony, but... the sales stats for entry-level brands like Vizio for large TVs should show folks aren't all brand conscious for electronics these days (since many presume the guts are effectively the same).
      Last edited by pzarquon; May 21, 2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: Adding link.

Comment

Re: Sony 19" flat-panel LCD computer monitor: $150

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        I think Costco is selling brand new 22" LCDs, wide aspect, for around $200-$250, so I'm not sure how good a deal a four-year standard aspect 19" screen would be at $200.
        Dang, no wonder the other electronics stores are going under. That even beats some eBay listings.

Thank you, point well taken. The price is now $150.

Comment

Would you take $100 now and $50 in year (only to be paid if we're both alive and the monitor still works)? I'm in the market for a secondary monitor, so my spouse can use our secondary computer...
          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
            Would you take $100 now and $50 in year (only to be paid if we're both alive and the monitor still works)? I'm in the market for a secondary monitor, so my spouse can use our secondary computer...
            No thanks, we're getting responses to the Craigslist ad as well so there's no hurry to take less than full price up front.

Comment

Re: Sony 19" flat-panel LCD computer monitor: $150

The monitor's been sold.

Comment

Working...
              X