Weedwhacker Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weedwhacker Won't Start

hi this is sansei and i have one question on this,may anyone own a weedwhacker and if anyone may,my question is we havent started it for a few month's and today my mom tried to only she couldnt start it so tomorrow,i'll give it a try and if it doesnt start,may anyone offer some thought's on how i maybe able to start it,it would be very helpful,please?

Well thank's for your time

Re: on our weedwhacker

Does your weedwhacker run on gasoline or on electricity?

Comment

Re: on our weedwhacker

i suck at small engine repair, but I've learned a little through my own trials and tribulations...

i'm assuming it's a gas weedwhacker, so you could try pressing the rubber primer bulb about 3 times before starting it. Or could it be a fuel problem? Make sure your gas is mixed with that 2-cycle oil thingy at the proper ratio. Could also be water in your fuel. If the weedwhacker was sitting unused for months with water in the tank and or fuel line, the fuel may have damaged some parts (especially hoses, carburetors, etc.) that was in prolonged contact with gasoline.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Re: Weedwhacker Won't Start

hi this is sansei and in response to helen,yes our weedwhacker run's on gas with oil and today i got it started is my mom didnt realize on the weedwhacker,next to the engine,you would have to push this soft button to let the gas go up and then after that,you'd put the turn button on and then next to the engine,you'd slide the lever on and you'd pull it to start and it started so i thought to share this with everyone. thank's to Mike Lowery,it's good suggestion's and thank's helen.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Re: Weedwhacker Won't Start

Make sure you ad some kind of fuel stabilizer to the gas. Ethanol is reeking havoc among the small gas engines.

Comment

Working...
          X