Rare uncontacted tribe photographed in Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare uncontacted tribe photographed in Amazon

Amazon Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images released on Thursday showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080529/...razil_tribe_dc

Wow...now, watch the rest of us go in and muck it up even more than we already have.

Note: Hopefully, this is the right place to put this item. If not, please tell me.

Also, I didn't see that someone had beaten me to the punch on this one. If that's not the case, please inform me of that as well.
    Hail to the Chief Bloomenbergensteinenthal, shiksa.

Re: Rare uncontacted tribe photographed in Amazon

Welp, so much for the Prime Directive

Poor little guys, staring up at the helicopter (I'm assuming). If I was in an evil mood, I would introduce them to Jelly Bellies and then trade it with only the slackers of their community, just to see if I could topple their social structure.

(can't sleep with a stuffy nose)
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post

Poor little guys, staring up at the helicopter
      I know, can you imagine? These people know nothing about things like helicopters. I'm betting it scared the piss out of them.
      I can hardly blame them for brandishing their weapons at the helicopter. If I was in their position, I would have done the same.....well, not really. I'd be hiding.

Comment

I just saw this item, too. I'm not even sure what to say except 'Leave 'em be'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
          I just saw this item, too. I'm not even sure what to say except 'Leave 'em be'.

Oh, it would be nice to just let them be, but greedy humans will be greedy humans. I'm sure we'll find several ways to exploit them and their home.
          We've been doing it for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
            I would have done the same.....well, not really. I'd be hiding.
            In that case, you'd be the one I'd trade Jelly Bellies with.

Let's pray they don't turn this into some sort of reality tv show. "Half of all profits go towards Save the Tribes Foundation!"
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
              Let's pray they don't turn this into some sort of reality tv show. "Half of all profits go towards Save the Tribes Foundation!"
              Oy, gevalt....now, I see the next Survivor season taking place there.
              And we all know that it's only a matter of time before Angelina Jolie adopts everyone in the bloody tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
                And we all know that it's only a matter of time before Angelina Jolie adopts everyone in the bloody tribe!
                xD

You should contact her agent and broker a deal!
                "

Comment

I find it highly interesting. I think it is AWESOME that there is still some mystery in the world, and that there ARE isolated pockets of civilization that live life in the most humble way. I have a lot of fascination for people/tribes like that and would love to know more about them. Unfortunately, it is impossible to know these people with out some sort of out side influence rubbing off.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                    I find it highly interesting.
                    Yeah, they'd make good case studies. Like the fact they wear red paint seems to imply people are hard wired to be attracted to that color (probably because that's the color of blood?)
                    Last edited by MyopicJoe; May 30, 2008, 05:50 AM.
                    "

Comment

I think they'd be perfect for a Verizon commercial. Let's get them an agent.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        I think they'd be perfect for a Verizon commercial. Let's get them an agent.
                        LOL, sinjin
                        "

Comment

Everything goes better with Coke?

There was a film made at least a decade ago, where a hidden tribe with no contact ever outside there immediate rhelm discovered a Coke bottle in the dirt.
                          It actually ended up destroying thier existance as they had known it for hundreds of years.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Everything goes better with Coke?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            There was a film made at least a decade ago, where a hidden tribe with no contact ever outside there immediate rhelm discovered a Coke bottle in the dirt.
                            It actually ended up destroying thier existance as they had known it for hundreds of years.
                            "The Gods Must Be Crazy" featuring the Bushmen of the Kalihari. They were not entirely pre-contact though. You'll remember that the Ranger Steyn's mechanic Sam Boga spoke their language. Great flick. You'll laugh till you cry.
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080801/

A better parallel is in the film "At Play in the Fields of the Lord". Also a great movie. Kathy Bates is phenomenal.
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101373/
                            Last edited by sinjin; May 30, 2008, 07:34 AM.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Stone age cultures, when contacted by modern man, suffer from a lack of 5000 years of human social evolution. Even if they survive the contact for the first 100 years, in spite of disease they have no natural resistance to, they are doomed due to a lack of 5000 years of human social evolution. This, in a nutshell, is essentially what happened in Hawaii. As has been shown in Hawaii, it is very difficult for the people to shake off the old and adopt the new. In fact, the fondness for the shadow of the past is the greatest obstacle to success in the future.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X