Carnival of Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival of Aloha

Our very own Sprite has entrusted me with the hosting of the upcoming edition of the Carnival of Aloha and I don't want to disappoint her! Check out the details, then submit your post. I'm looking forward to reading some great writing by local bloggers!

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/2...oha-is-coming/
    Last edited by skeeterbess; March 22, 2008, 11:24 AM.
    Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Re: Show Your Blog

Thanks, Skeet -- this will be fun! Come join in everyone! Wednesday is the deadline. This will be a taste of the same venue, just with a slightly different flavor (personality).

I keep thinking of Scrivener's new venture. Come on, Scriv, you get to show the world that we really can speak English!

Have fun, everybody!
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Really needing some aloha here, folks! Today is the deadline to submit to the Carnival of Aloha, but I'll extend it to Friday for Hawaii Threads bloggers. Any story with a local flavor will do! Submit your blog post to http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_2127.html or, since we're on top of the deadline you can submit directly to me: kinga010 AT hawaii.rr.com with something about the canival in your subject line (so I'll know to rescue you from the spam folder.) Help me make this carnival a success, please? Mahalo!
      Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Hi guys! Sorry to have been kind of out of commission for so long! Okay it was just a couple of weeks but it feels like forever!

This is just a reminder, late as usual, that the deadline for the next Carnival of Aloha is this coming Wednesday, April 30th! I miss talking to and about you guys! I'm having Hawaii-blogger withdrawals! I've created a new condition! Ha ha!

Don't forget to join in the fun!
        Aloha,
        Evelyn
        Homespun Honolulu

Comment

I'm late again! Here's the monthly reminder for the June carnival! Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, May 28th!

http://tinyurl.com/5dloj6
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Here's the link for the Carnival that just went live yesterday. What a great bunch! The posts are fun and the comments are worth a giggle or two!

All bloggers are welcome to join us so please feel free to do so!
            Aloha,
            Evelyn
            Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Re: Carnival of Aloha

Mahalo, Admin., for giving us our own little corner of the HT world (I hope we won't be ignored). It comes at a very good time too!

Skeet made the suggestion some time back that we might think about making a theme for the Carnival so I will just ask everyone now!

Is there anything that people want to see in the way of themes or topics for blog posts for the Carnival? Here a few suggestions and anyone who participates is welcome to make suggestions for other theme topics or to edit anything on the list below:

• Hawaiian Nights (evening events or natural evening occurrences)
              • Back to the Aina (nature posts about hikes, scenery, flora and fauna, etc.)
              • Politics (useful for the upcoming season)
              • Water! (beaches, waterfalls, etc. for fresh or salt water... or even swimming pool posts)
              • Roads and vehicles (traffic-related, automobiles, motorcycles, etc.)
              • Sports (any kind -- football, paddling, running, parasailing, horseback riding, whatever)
              • Hawaiiana (cultural and historical posts about our home)

Add to the list, make suggestions for changes, anything you can think of! I can set them up so that if you have a post that fits one of our categories, you can go submit it to the chapter with the name you want your post to fall under! Fun stuff!

Please, please, you guys? I'm excited about the idea and I am excited to see what you come up with! Anyone who is not a blogger, you can still tell us what you want to hear about!
              Aloha,
              Evelyn
              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Late Notice: Carnival of Aloha

I've extended the deadline for Carnival submissions to midnight tonight. I'm still getting over some kind of respiratory virus that still remains untitled. Anyway, here's the link to my most recent post about it.
                Aloha,
                Evelyn
                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Working...
                X