Give Us a Jingle Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Us a Jingle Contest

What do “Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh, what a relief it is,” “Meow, meow, meow, meow” and “I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener” have in common? They are all catchy and memorable jingles created for products and services. Oceanic Time Warner Cable is currently seeking a creative jingle for its new My Island Home Phone service, and Hawaii residents are invited to get in the act with its “Give Us a Jingle” contest.

From May 29 through June 30, 2008, Hawaii residents 18 years and older can enter the “Give Us a Jingle” contest by creating a 60-second jingle for Oceanic’s My Island Home Phone service, which launched earlier this month. Submitted jingles must incorporate i) Oceanic or Oceanic Time Warner Cable, ii) My Island Home Phone and iii) a minimum of one unique product sales point such as its low price of $19.95 a month or free caller features like caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling, anonymous call reject and speed dial. Jingles will be judged on creativity and tunefulness.

Jingle contestants can submit their entries by singing them into the phone at (808) 628-2611 or uploading an MP3 file to oceanic.com or any of the following Clear Channel Radio websites: hot939.com, island985.com, khbz.com, khvh830am.com, ksskradio.com, and star1019.com. Entries will be accepted until 12 midnight on Monday, June 30, 2008.

A panel of judges will narrow down the entries to the top 20 jingles, which will be posted online on the Clear Channel websites for public voting from July 7 through July 18, 2008. The top six finalists will then be invited to sing their jingles live on stage at the Road Runner Music Hall from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, August 1, 2008. Clear Channel radio deejays and Oceanic executives will select the top three winners. First place will receive $1,500 from Best Buy and five years of free My Island Home Phone; second place will receive two years of My Island Home Phone service for free plus a cordless phone; and third place will receive one year’s free service of My Island Home Phone.

Re: Give Us a Jingle Contest

Oceanic-Time Warner has certainly caught on to this board as an advertising vehicle. The first post here by BCI22 is an ad and well coordinated with similar announcements I saw in the paper and heard on Clear Channel radio.

Until Oceanic-Time Warner cable gives us AlaCarte cable TV choice, I ain't playing with anything this monopoly offers.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

sweet. an opportunity for my hip hop skillz to go public.

And I don't mean skills. I mean skillz.
      www.davidcarvalhowasright.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Just thought everyone should know that the finalists have been selected for Oceanic Time Warner Cable's My Island Home Phone "Give Us a Jingle" contest. For more information, you can view its myspace page online at:

http://www.myspace.com/jinglecontest

Thanks!
        BCI

Comment

Working...
        X