Used Enka CDs Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Enka CDs Store

I'm in the hunt for some old enka cd's that are apparently out-of-print, so I'll need to find a store that deals in used cd's. New would be fine to start but I think used is what I'll eventually have to settle on.

Any places out there? thx

Re: used enka cds store

You could try Shirokiya at Ala Moana Shopping Center. They sell a lot of used Japanese CDs, DVDs, and books, as well as new stuff. It's a mix, but sometimes you can find some real surprises.

Comment

Re: used enka cds store

What's an enka?
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Used Enka CDs Store

Do you mean Enya instead of Enka?

Aj

Comment

It's a classic style of traditional Japanese pop song - usually in a minor key, with melancholy themes of nostalgia, heartbreak, homesickness, etc.

Comment

If you hear old sounding Japanese music that's NOT j-pop, and most of the singers are dressed in traditional garb,,,,,that's probably enka you're hearing.

I grew up hearing it, abandoned it through the later years, and am now back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by miltk View Post
              If you hear old sounding Japanese music that's NOT j-pop, and most of the singers are dressed in traditional garb,,,,,that's probably enka you're hearing.
              If you watch the "Red & White Song Festival" (Kohaku Uta Gassen - does that still air in Hawai`i?) each New Year's, and you see a singer in kimono...they are generally singing enka.

Comment

After my post, I realized you're in New York. I take it this is for when you visit here?

Besides Shirokiya (which I think would be your best bet), I recently discovered that Don Quijote (formerly Daiei, formerly Holiday Mart) on Kaheka Street carries a small selection of enka. Other places that might carry enka is Hakubundo on Kapiolani Blvd. (near Don Quijote) and a Japanese book/CD/DVD store on Kaheka Street across from Don Quijote.

But I do hope you know Japanese, because the CDs, for the most part, are all labeled in Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                X