Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Caught these bums in my fish pond tonight. You should've heard how mad the female toad got when I interrupted her man from hittin' it from the back. She growled like that lion with the bunny ears in the Cadbury Cream Egg commercials.

http://i28.tinypic.com/4j1hkw.jpg
    http://i25.tinypic.com/7312qb.jpg
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2ih47ic.jpg
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Eeep! Whereabouts is your fish pond? So I can stay far far away from there.

Comment

Are you Filipino ??

If so, remind me not to come to your house for dinner any time soon !

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

That so reminds me of the time when we were little bits of a thing, my cousin and I got the brilliant idea of selling toads to tourists. We gathered up a bunch and put them in a bucket and then made up a sign. We never could understand why we didn't sell any .

Comment

My cat kills these suckas and fails to inform us. We invariably find out by the smell…

pax

Comment

Ewwwww. We had a fish pond in our yard & I hate the toads. My brothers taught us to catch 'em, tie a rope to their legs & a rock on the other end and hang them on the telephone wire. They would also stick firecrackers in their mouths on New Years & explode them. *yuck* Us girls were in charge of catching them - we'd go on toad hunts. No wonder I turned out so tomboy!
            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

They're fat little buggahs. Looks like one of em's saying "We gotta build an addition on this place"!

Comment

"Honey, hot up the skillet. I got us some frog legs"
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Mmmm nothing like coffee, banana bread, and a bucket of toads to start off the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                    Are you Filipino ??

If so, remind me not to come to your house for dinner any time soon !

right, 'cause Filipinos eat toads
                    dumb ass
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

That is scary! I look at them and think of the possible fatality to my dogs
                      as the bufo are pretty much fatal if dogs come in contact with them. I can't imagine trying to flush their mouth with a hose and rushing them to the
                      vet...... We have a water feature and oddly enough (knock on wood) they
                      are not attracted to it. There was one in the yard the other night but we sprayed it with water and it ran away. I see them smashed all over the
                      roads in the neighborhood and they're so ugly dead or alive.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                        Mmmm nothing like coffee, banana bread, and a bucket of toads to start off the morning.
                        lol

On a more serious note, keep in mind these Bufo cane toads can be lethal to your pet dog.

Several years ago we almost lost one of our dogs to one when she bit on the back of a toad in the yard. Luckily our dog barks aggresively at toads (it hates them), so I knew what was going on at that moment. As soon as I heard her bark, I ran over to get her, at which time her mouth was foaming profusely, and she was breathing heavily. I immediately ran her to the shower and rinsed and rinsed her mouth to get the toxin out, holding her upside down so the run-off went down the drain and not down her esophagus. If I weren't there to basically save her life, we would have found her dead just minutes later. Whew.

If you ever found a/your pet dog dead in the yard and you don't know why, chances are you can "thank" a cane toad.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

What a scary incident! Glad you were able to rinse the mouth and save her.
                          That to me is one of the most frightening things that could ever happen.
                          I am glad you were able to keep her alive. Not only are they ugly but they're
                          dangerous, I hate to say I'm happy when I see a dead one.....

Comment

You get the "eeewww" reaction when you kick one of them when walking outside at night. But, toads eat centipedes. So, having toads are better than centipedes crawling into the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              You get the "eeewww" reaction when you kick one of them when walking outside at night. But, toads eat centipedes. So, having toads are better than centipedes crawling into the house.
                              So do chickens and we've a neighborhood full of them seems like they
                              multiply everyday and get louder and louder.

Comment

Working...
                              X