The 4400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 4400

The USA Network will be showing a mini-series called The 4400 on Sunday July 11, at 9pm HST.

The premise of the series is that 4,400 people who went missing in different periods of time return to one spot at one time without aging a day.

Re: The 4400

Sounds strange...what does it mean?
    Retired Senior Member

Comment

What part(s) of the show are you confused on?

Comment

Well, it looks like the debut did pretty well!

USA's '4400' Shatters Cable Viewers Mark
        The USA Network limited series "The 4400" shattered the record for basic cable's most-watched series premiere Sunday. A staggering 7.4 million total viewers tuned in to the two-hour bow at 9 p.m., easily outdistancing previous record holder "The Dead Zone" by 1 million. Its adults 18-49 haul beat the network's Sunday primetime average in that coveted demographic by 130%.
        Meanwhile, Mike McDaniel of The Houston Chronicle offers this review:
        Pardon me for getting emotional, but I've finally found a new television show I can get excited about... It's a compelling story with honest-to-goodness actors.
        Pity I missed it.

Comment

USA Network has a habit of re-airing their specials. A check on Oceanic's Digital guide has it re-airing:

Thursday 7/15 - midnight (might be kind of late)
          Thursday 7/15 - 8pm
          Friday 7/16 - 2pm
          Sunday 7/18 - midnight
          Sunday 7/18 - 1pm

With a new epsiode at Sunday 7/18 at 9pm.

All times are HST.

Comment

I understand this coming Sunday is the last episode of this mini-series. Also Sunday will have a marathon of this series. Don't know what time it will start.

Comment

According to Zap To It TV, USA Network's schedule for Sunday is as follows:

4:00 PM - The 4400 (Pilot Episode) 2 hrs.
              6:00 PM - The 4400 - The New & Improved Carl Morrissey
              7:00 PM - The 4400 - Becoming
              8:00 PM - The 4400 - Trial By Fire
              9:00 PM - The 4400 - White Light (series conclusion)

Times are Hawaii standard for Oceanic Cable Analog Channel 29.

You can see the USA Network schedule for yourself at this link.

Now that this series will be over, hopefully there will be a DVD release.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

We only got interested in this show after a couple of episodes had already aired, so we bemoaned the fact that we'd missed some good stuff. Then the full-series marathon was announced, and we cheered!

While I don't know if we like it enough to spring for the DVD, at least now I know I can program our TiVo to suck the whole miniseries up in one day.

Comment

Well, I forgot to set up the TiVo for the marathon, so we ended up with The Pilot, the Finale, and one episode in the middle. We've only watched the Pilot, but liked it enough to know that we don't want to see or know about the Finale until we've seen the rest.

So... we probably have to wait for the DVD after all.

Waitaminute... according to the website, there are only five episodes total? "Pilot." "The New and Improved Carl Morrisey." "Becoming." "Trial By Fire." And "White Light" (Finale). Cool. We don't have that much to catch up on, at least.

What a neat show. Well, based on the two-hour opener, at least. Very "X Files" in tone, with a wide range of characters and parallel stories. More than a few familiar faces, too. Peter Coyote, Michael Moriarty...

Comment

It looks like you got them all. Watch em. The ending is great. That's all I am going to say for now... a great sci-fi "what if" kind of show.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Was on the mainland when this started so never watched any of it! I taped all the episodes from yesterday and started watching it today...very entertaining. No wonder Helen mentioned in an earlier part of the thread what didn't I understand!
                      Will have to wait until my husband comes home from work before I can continue watching...I think he's hooked too! It is like the X-Files only different!
                      Thanks for starting this thread and mentioning when the rebroadcast would be on.
                      Retired Senior Member

Comment

USA Network is re-airing the pilot and 4 episodes from last years's The 4400 on Sunday June 5, 2005 starting from 1pm to 6pm (HST). A new 2 hour episode will be aired at 9pm (HST).

Comment

Watched all 6 episodes again of the 1st season off the DVD set I bought last Christmas (2 DVDs, $19 @ WalMart)... now prepared for Season 2. There will be 12 or 13 episodes for this new season.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Actually the proper title of the show should be something like "The 4396" or something as a few of the 4400 bit the dust last season.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The surprise for tonight's episode is the appearance of Jeffery Combs. Since he spent most of the episode being silent I didn't recoginze him until he started talking after the tower had been activated.

Comment

Working...
                              X