Hello and Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Aloha

Hi everyone my name is Sarah and i am 18 i currently live in a extremely small town in Maryland and i will be moving to somewhere on Oahu in July of Next year with a friend. And i thought this would be a great place to learn some things.

Re: Hello and Aloha

I'll be the first to welcome you, Aloha! be sure to use the search function, it might just answer all your questions, but if not, this board is full of people that have a wealth of info to share.

So, where in MD are you? Anywhere near Ellicott City?
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
      I'll be the first to welcome you, Aloha! be sure to use the search function, it might just answer all your questions, but if not, this board is full of people that have a wealth of info to share.

So, where in MD are you? Anywhere near Ellicott City?
      I've found many things in the Islands Ahoy Thread very helpful. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland in Preston. It's closer to Ocean City than Ellicott City although i used to live in Glenburnie which is still a little distance from Ellicott City but in the City none the less. Thank you the welcome.

Comment

Hi and welcome!!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thank you for the welcome
          Last edited by sarah_elizabeth; July 4, 2008, 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Aloha and welcome!

Hawaii is a beautiful place to live, and has a lot to offer for those who look! I recommend getting a bus pass ($40) and learning how to get around using the awesome mass transit we have. Depending on what kind of budget you are on, a car may not be feasible, but TheBus is a great alternative.

Posting questions here is another great way to learn about life here...hope you enjoy your stay!
            "Positive Vibration"
            Since 1977

Comment

Aloha no!

You're one year older than me, and I live on the East Coast too! How cool is that?

Need any advice on things to do? One thing I can tell you is that every Thursday night at the Waikiki Mariot Hotel from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, Pomaika'i Keawe Lyman, granddaughter of the late, great Aunty Genoa Keawe who was a fabulous Hawaiian singer, follows in Aunty's footsteps as a falsetto singer and 'ukulele player. I think you will enjoy Pomai's music very much. Wait until you hear her do a song called "'Alika," where she holds a high note for an extremely long time and doesn't appear. What amazing breath control!

I had also mentioned this to someone else who was going to O'ahu a while back.

Hope you can head over there!
              'Alika

Comment

Working...
              X