Free Compact Flourescent Lamps from Million Lights Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Compact Flourescent Lamps from Million Lights Project

Million Lights Project is trying to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by giving away 1 million free CFLs to the first 1 million requests. Be patient--the site is getting hammered.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Free Compact Flourescent Lamps from Million Lights Project

I just registered for my free cfl!! Wonder where I'm gonna put it, since all of my lamps already have cfls. Probably give it to my landlady. What a cool project, though!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I am so sorry to have to bring this up but...you are much better off staying with incandescent lights because fluorescent ones are associated with skin cancer including melanoma and migraine headaches. I know all the reasons cited for using fluorescent lights but stay away from them, they are bad for you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        I am so sorry to have to bring this up but...you are much better off staying with incandescent lights because fluorescent ones are associated with skin cancer including melanoma and migraine headaches. I know all the reasons cited for using fluorescent lights but stay away from them, they are bad for you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
        hold your breath...air causes cancer!
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          hold your breath...air causes cancer!
          Hey! I thought it wuz tofu!

Comment

Working...
          X