Local fear factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local fear factor

What local things can we use to make a "fear factor" game in Hawaii?

Lets say the contestants are from the mainland (sorry if there's some "non local" people here) and they came to Hawaii to play a game here. What would some of the things they should do?

I'd say eat balut.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Local fear factor

Maybe someone ought to imitate your avatar and stuck their head in a microwave oven and turn it on.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ouch! Besides the oven wouldn't work because the door is closed unless one fuddles with the oven.

My 2 cents is that Fear Factor gets to be a bad show when they are asked to eat something gross or be inside with spiders.

Comment

Nobody said you had to close the microwave oven door. Have contestants stick head inside oven and turn on the heat.... zzzzzap....
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Sounds like "No Shame" with a tourist twist!

My wife suggests anything relating to flying B-52 cockroaches... apparently one of the biggest shocks she had upon relocating here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            My wife suggests anything relating to flying B-52 cockroaches... apparently one of the biggest shocks she had upon relocating here.
            Good one!

But about the microwave, don't you have to modify it to make it so that it'll go when the door is open?

What about the cameras? Won't the interferance be great?

Comment

My sugestion is have them eat Aki.
              Boy, I miss that. I tried to make it myself like my step mom showed me but my hands to hot and I don't get all the veins out.

Aki, raw liver minus the blood and veins.

Comment

Well.. if head in the microwave doesn't work, how about getting a bowl of live roaches, heat them up in the microwave for about a minute and then have the contestants eat them warm/semi cooked... mmmm.. all that white stuff bursting out of the charred brown shells...
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Eat mutant mantis shrimp from the Ala Wai Canal.

Comment

Hmmm....
                    Fear factor here in hawaii?
                    All that roach talk & everything else, eww.
                    My 2 cents about that is,
                    I probably wouldn't beable to watch it
                    through the whole thing, from the sound of
                    all those idea, just gives me goose bumps.
                    Sorry,gang, I Probably would be just as happy
                    in watching Adril's Avatar,
                    now that's my fear factor right there. LOL.
                    Well, aloha all.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

you want fear factor?

Have the mainlander look a Samoan in the eye and tell them, "What" That'll instill fear in anyone's eyes.

Tell them walk a mile in any of Oahu's hiking trails at night after reading "Chicken Skin"

Have them drive their rental car onto the Kokohead bound University onramp to the H-1 freeway after waiving their insurance coverage.

Then tell them to drive Ewa bound on the H-1 in the afternoon rush and feel the rage.

Oh yeah tell them to swim the length of the Ala Wai canal with open wounds!

Now that's Fear Factor!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                        Well.. if head in the microwave doesn't work, how about getting a bowl of live roaches, heat them up in the microwave for about a minute and then have the contestants eat them warm/semi cooked... mmmm.. all that white stuff bursting out of the charred brown shells...

Mel,

Microwaves don't seem to bother roaches, it just pisses them off. I caught one after leaving the microwave oven door open all night by mistake. After slamming the door shut I set the timer to 1-minute on 1000-watts. The roach just continued eating the crumbs inside.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Mel,

Microwaves don't seem to bother roaches, it just pisses them off. I caught one after leaving the microwave oven door open all night by mistake. After slamming the door shut I set the timer to 1-minute on 1000-watts. The roach just continued eating the crumbs inside.
                          If they survived from dinosaur time, then they can certainly survive a microwave.

Comment

Working...
                          X