Waffle Hot Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffle Hot Dogs?

I have been craving KC Waffle Hot dogs for a good 6 months now. Before KC Drive Inn closed down, I went there often but I have to say that the quality of the actual Hot Dog they used was not as good as back in the day.

I recently saw a "4th of July" special advertisement in the paper...for waffle hot dogs at this place on S. King st. called "lil oven". Has anyone tried the waffle hot dogs from there? I'm interested but won't waste my time if it's crappy.

OR does anyone know of a restaurant that bought the waffle machines from KC Drive Inn??

ahhh...the taste of their ono ono shake still lingers in my mouth. I miss those shakes!!
    Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Re: Waffle Hot Dogs?!

I just make my own waffle dogs by cooking pancakes and microwaving Oscar Meyer weiners. Then, put brown mustard on the dogs and roll it in the pancakes.

Comment

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ht=Waffle+Dogs

There's also one in the Waimalu Shopping Center that sells "the" KC Waffle Hot Dog!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Waffle Hot Dogs?

Originally posted by bittersweet View Post
        I recently saw a "4th of July" special advertisement in the paper...for waffle hot dogs at this place on S. King st. called "lil oven". Has anyone tried the waffle hot dogs from there? I'm interested but won't wast
        That bakery has always intrigued me. Their hours are kaleidoscopic (and eccentric), to say the least. Even though I live close by and walk a lot around the neighborhood, I've never walked past their door when they were open. Early on, they advertised they were open 8:00 pm to 2:00 am (strange hours for a bakery, don't you think?). And they also advertised (at least on their door) serving Okuhara saimin.

I've also seen their advertisement for KC Waffle Dogs. And, after searching the web and reading reviews (here's their websiite; sorry I can't remember the review), they seem to be a genuine, quality bakery. So I've always been curious about that place.

If anyone has ever gone there (for pastries and cakes, saimin, or KC Waffle Dogs), let us know. I'm really curious.

Comment

i also live in the neighborhood but have been there only once... to buy a cup of coffee for my wife! so like you, i'm looking forward to someone posting something based on what they ate there!

all i can say is that the workers were friendly
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

waffle dog? what the hell?
            stay forever young

Comment

There was a sign in the window of the Ka Lei eggs store on Waialae Ave that said KC waffle dogs available there. That's one step beyond the already bizarre of there being an egg store for me.

Comment

There is a steak-stand in the parking lot at Don Quijote on Kaheka Street that also sells hot dogs and waffle dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by starbolt View Post
                  There was a sign in the window of the Ka Lei eggs store on Waialae Ave that said KC waffle dogs available there. That's one step beyond the already bizarre of there being an egg store for me.
                  I buy my eggs there and I tried a waffle dog. It tasted pretty good.

Everyone should buy their eggs there. It is only right to support the local chickens and farmers. The price is right and they taste better than CONUS eggs too.
                  You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Working...
                  X