Flashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback

I was a rascal child, awful child in elementary school. My most memorable moments of elementary was the scones with melted peanut butter on top and milk in the mornings. (lol) oh and the awful uniforms we wore every aching day from Monday through Thursday. I didn't have to worry about riding the school bus every morning, we lived 2 blocks away from the elementary school, that was agony. What made it worse!!! My mother was also a teacher at that same elementary school. The morning chores etc; back then it was difficult to fake a cough let alone the sniffles in the morning. I have attempted numerous of times to fake a cold just so I could stay home with my eldest brother but my mother picked up on it. My mother gave the "wrath of god speech" in the mornings; OH!!!!! That killer look my mother would give. It wasn't that terrifying; I was more terrified at the horrible shame I would encounter knowing what she will and would say to me with my friends around.

Our morning ritual was the rosary and the morning worship to thee higher power. (it is ashamed I've forgotten every word) I was not a big fan of elementary school. I was an evil child. I remember I would be the first in the classroom every morning and I would take a peek in every child's desk, take out their 2 pencils and snatch everyone of them in half so we would not have to learn math and science. (LOL) I was an evil evil child...the devil's spawn. LOL Every child in that classroom was terrified of me. I would hide and play innocent when my mother came around. I was terrified of that woman; more terrified than I was with god at the time. 5 years I terrorized that elementary school and came out alive. My mother (may she rest in peace-i love you mum) would have done anything in the world to protect me, yet at the same time there was a fine line between her son and a student.

My morning/afternoon weekday and weekend ritual aside from morning worship is cartoons!! The 70's and 80's cartoon.

HE-MAN *holds up sword* by the power of greyskull

Thunddarr the Barbarian Smurfs!!!!! How can I forget the CAREBEARS!!!!! The GUMMI BEARS!!!!!!! The Real Ghostbusters

Transformers!!! Thundercats!!! Ducktales!!! Ninja Turtles!!! Also my Hanna Barbera favorites!!!

Lastly my 2 favorite cartoons (I am so gay-LOL) 1. Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone (synergy) she would morph into different outfits; that was freaking outrageous. 2. She-Ra - sometimes you would see the same villain from He-Man take shots at She-Ra

I was fascinated with Knight Rider and The A Team, Airwolf, MacGyver. I wasn't a big fan of Magnum P.I. However Hawaii Five-O it could have been better.

At nights I would sneak peeks at Dynasty, Dallas and Falcon Crest when my parents and siblings are sound asleep. Long before FOX and WB Yet you still had time to play with the neighborhood children, we weren't glued to the television.

We didn't lock our doors; our neighbors parents were our parents. We would all receive the same ass whooping if we deserved it when my parents weren't around. We weren't tied down by the internet, play station etc. We had an Atari 2600. I remember my mother came home with a portable Pac-man game; I wore that game out. When Nintendo first came out. Mario Bros.

If I wasn't inside gazing at cartoons. I spent most of my time outside causing havoc and the neighbors menace than indoor watching cartoons. I wanted to lead the children in our neighborhood with treasure hunts; playing hide and seek; play doctor and nurse in the tree house. LOL

I grew out of it at 11.

12 years old I became something else.
    Last edited by Seeking Penance; August 13, 2008, 12:51 AM.
    stay forever young

Re: flashback

I love reading your story.

My favorite was "Hercules!"

"Hercules, hero of song and story!
    Hercules, winner of ancient glory!
    Fighting for the right, fighting with his might;
    With the strength of ten, ordinary men!
    Hercules, people are safe when near him!
    Hercules, only the evil fear him!
    Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs;
    Virtue in his heart, fire in every part of
    The Mighty Hercules!"

You should Blog.

Check out our sister site at HawaiiStories.com

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The theme song and opening from "The Mighty Hercules" cartoon series is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrLVgR6J84
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        The theme song and opening from "The Mighty Hercules" cartoon series is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrLVgR6J84
        Mel, I grabbed my towel, put around my neck as a cape, secured with a clothes pin just like when I was a child...and sang da song LOUD and MIGHTY with my fake knife in the air!

Tears falling of memories gone by.

Mahalo to you both for my flashback.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Mel, I grabbed my towel, put around my neck as a cape, secured with a clothes pin just like when I was a child...and sang da song LOUD and MIGHTY with my fake knife in the air!
          Maybe you should try that at a campaign rally...? Without the knife, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Maybe you should try that at a campaign rally...? Without the knife, however.
            A one, a two, a three...

"Auntie Lynn, hero of song of blogging!
            Auntie Lynn, winner of all time whacking!
            Fighting for the right, fighting with her might;
            With the strength of ten, ordinary men!
            Auntie Lynn, people are safe when near her!
            Auntie Lynn, only the evil fear her!
            Softness in her eyes, iron in her thighs; (HAHAHAHAHA)
            Virtue in her heart, fire in every part of
            The LOVE AND ALOHA OF AUNTIE LYNN!"

Yep!! I think this will do.

Last edited by 1stwahine; August 13, 2008, 09:35 AM.

Comment

**holds up cheerleader's pompoms**

rah, rah to auntie lynn, winner of all time whacking!

hooray for auntie lynn!
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Re: Flashback

no no no no

Instead of holding up a knife, hold up a really big slippah

The Community Needs A Stronger Voice
                The Community Needs Lynn Vasquez-DelaCerna

DD
                www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                  no no no no

Instead of holding up a knife, hold up a really big slippah

The Community Needs A Stronger Voice
                  The Community Needs Lynn Vasquez-DelaCerna

DD
                  heheheh....

Mahalo DD

Auntie Lynn

Comment

DH remembers the Hercules song; I LOVE Aunty's version!

Hercules looks like the Superman cartoons we used to watch before the Saturday matinees on the Air Force bases we were stationed on in the 1960's! Stood up for the Star Spangled Banner, then here came the cartoon!

Seeking Penance, we love those cartoons at our house, too! Thank goodness for Boomerang!

Comment

Mine should go under...

Flashbacks (many at a time).

I sometimes get them, even without thinking of it (random flashbacks). Pretty weird, if you ask me.

Sometimes, it even re appears when I don't want to think of it .

Dang it.

Sometimes, I wish our minds are like the computer, where we can just put certain ones in a folder, & pick & choose when ever we want to remember them, too.

Oh well, can't have everything I guess. lol.

Aloha.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                      X