• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Sahara Graveyard

The things you find in the dirt!

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93597190
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Ancient Sahara Graveyard

Interesting read! Also interesting to see how the Earth's climate changes; makes one rethink the global warming scenario!

Comment

I was touched that the grave seems to include a mother and children in an embrace. It reminds me of this tv special I was watching on Korea that covered a Korean mummy (I didn't know they mummified their dead sometimes). According to the show, only the rich could afford to do it. They discussed the mummy of a young boy who was wrapped in his own clothes, his mother's clothes and his father's clothes. The scientists speculate that it was supposed to be symbolic of the parents embracing the child.

cyleet99: What are you rethinking about global warming?

Comment

Because of the climate changes that led to the demise/moving of the two groups of inhabitants. According to the article I read about the area, there was evidence of grasslands and rivers that had existed twice in the now desert area. The two groups had moved in and subsequently moved out.

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant that you didn't believe in global warming and now do (or vice versa) or that you thought that global warming was bad and now not so bad (or vice versa).

Comment

that global warm and fuzzy thing...

But, what negative changes were brought on by the naturally occurring event/s?
            I'll bet thousands if not millions of people were greatly effected in a 'very bad' way.
            That will be a day in the park compared to when it happens again.
            But, not a problem. We have a few other matters that are on the verge to contend with that could be even worse before we worry about suffering a major climate shift.

The fat lady is clearing her throat...
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
            X