Flower delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower delivery

meeeh! I need to send flowers in sympathy for a friend who lost a brother. I used to use FTD for sending flowers, like to my mom for Mothers' Day, but now they're giving me a hard time about shipping to Hawaii. Fine, I would rather do business locally anyway!

I need advice on sending flowers here in Kailua! Soon, cuz they have to be delivered this weekend, Sunday or Monday. Anyone have a favorite florist that's inexpensive, and has a website for easy bouquet selection?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Flower delivery

I like 1-800-flowers.com
    They find a florist here, people have sent us flowers through them and
    the results have always been great. One time the flowers came and
    didn't last as long as I thought they should and they got replaced
    right away.

Picket Fence in Kaiula has nice flowers but I don't remember the price
    usually I just go in and buy them.

Have you tried Watanabe on Nimitz? They're the wholesalers and I think
    they deliver.

Comment

My favorite place is Petals and Beans

Not only do they do flower arrangements, but they do gift baskets with coffees and desserts. My wife sent me a few dessert trays to my work, and they are awesome.

My condolences to your friend.

DD
      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I'd like to second 1-800-flowers.com. I haven't used them here in Hawaii, but I've always had good experiences with them, and I get points toward my Delta skymiles!
        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

I ended up using Kailua Florist via FTD. I chose them because they had the easiest online ordering, and reasonable prices. Wonder why FTD wouldn't take my order when I called them the other day? Maybe it had to go thru Kailua Florist's website?? Hopefully the flowers arrive on time and look fantastic.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

bump

those flowers were very well appreciated... thanks for the tips!!

Time for sending flowers again, and I'm looking for some more local recommendations. Particularly near Koko Head, Kaimuki/Kapahulu, and also Kailua. Yeah, lotsa flowers to send this Christmas. Please help...
            Last edited by turtlegirl; December 10, 2008, 04:46 PM. Reason: stupid typos!

Comment

I live here (LV, NV) but I use Watanabe Floral (watanabefloral.com) in Honolulu to send florals now. I just went to them (and other family here) couple months ago for funeral arrangements (on Oahu) and we've been pleased with them for their service. I used to use other local florists before (directly) but Watanabe was given to me as a referral by a family member back in HI, so I use them now. I don't know how their prices compare to others but ya know...when something has to be sent...

Comment

I shop at Watanabe all the time on Nimitz (their headquarters) their prices are always great and the flowers and greens really really fresh. This stand to reason as they are the major floral wholesaler in the islands. I wouldn't hesitate at all to use them for local delivery. I see their trucks delivering in
                my neighborhood all the time. The people who work there are all really nice and friendly too. I also wedding floral planners working with clients all the time. That was a great suggestion!

Comment

I messed it up !!! We have interflora here, so I rang them and they said I had the wrong number. I rang the next number and said,,, " I want to send my mum some flowers".

"Sir", they said, "Why are you ringing Interpol ?"

Comment

Just tell 'em you want those special flowers with the microphone and recording device in them....

Comment

Working...
                    X