Samadhi Hawaii @ Taste of the Arts Street Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samadhi Hawaii @ Taste of the Arts Street Festival

Andrea Torres gives yet another elegant performance, at the second annual Taste of the Arts Street Festival.

At 0:51 she performs a move which makes me cringe. If I tried it, my old body would groan like twisted, wet leather. Then you'd hear a sudden pop as my wimpy muscles failed to keep my hip joint together. There'd be a lot of crying for momma.

There were many other Samadhi performers that night, though I missed the earlier performances. I'll post the footage I do have, as soon as possible, but I took most of it from a bad location. It'll take me a while to edit it into something half decent.

On a technical note:

I'm pretty happy with the tweaking I did to highlight the sheen of Andrea's outfit. I think it accentuates the twisting in her routine.

I'm not happy with what seems to be red bleeding into the white areas of her skin. It's actually in my H.264 source, but smoothly distributed. I'm guessing YouTube's conversion to Flash "bunched up" the red tint.

*shrug*
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Samadhi Hawaii @ Taste of the Arts Street Festival

I've uploaded three more vidoes:

Chandra Miars
    Nicole Young
    Backstage with the gang

Sorry about how dark the videos are. I jacked up the contrast as high as I could in post-production.

Which do you think is better? High contrast + high noise, or low contrast + low noise?

*sigh*
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
    X