Gorgeous photo sharing site: One Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous photo sharing site: One Exposure

Onexposure is a photo sharing site for enthusiastic amateurs and professionals. Like HT, it's moderated, so the quality of the content is great. The creativity you see will inspire your own photographs.

Here are some of my favorite pictures so far:

Vegetable eyes

Lonely little girl

Sensual reds

Bamboo snake
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Gorgeous photo sharing site: One Exposure

Love the one of the snake! I will tell my son--he already posts some on deviantart.com, but I'll tell him about this one. I might post some of mine, too, if they will let me. Aloha!

Comment

Oh yeah, there's excellent stuff on deviantart too. Lots of variety. Thanks for mentioning it, HM.

Having used neither site, I can't tell the difference. The quality seems to be good on both sites. Each has its own set of useful features. I guess in the end it boils down to which user community you enjoy better. Let us know what your son thinks, though I have a feeling he'll stick with DA.

Do you use DA?

Originally posted by HawaiiMama View Post
      I might post some of mine, too, if they will let me. Aloha!
      As far as I can tell they don't seem snobbish. They accept a wide variety of photos. They don't mind Photoshoped pictures either, as long as it's done well.

Here's their FAQ.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "

Comment

I was checking this site out too after the pic of the little girl flying the bird. Here's a few I thought were good.

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/18481/

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/18184/

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/17761/

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/17613/

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/17536/

Comment

wow, great stuff!

I will spend more time checking it all out, but as for posting, I think it is out of my league, lol.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
            Here's a few I thought were good.
            The dog one creeps me out. The water one reminds me of your work, Jim! I love the effect B&W has on the sky, in the architecture one. I'm amazed the photographer captured the flash of the other photographer's camera (oh duh, he must have had a long exposure, since the waterfall looks so soft). Even though the last one is a composite, it's still hard to believe it was made from photos. Cool.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            I think it is out of my league, lol.
            Heh, I know what you mean. If I build up the courage, I'll give them a try and hopefully get useful feedback.
            "

Comment

I joined, but the limitations on the uploads are a bit tight, and require you to have photoshop to use the "save for web" feature...basically everything needs to be under 2mb and under a set pixel h&w...
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

I joined, but the limitations on the uploads are a bit tight, and require you to have photoshop to use the "save for web" feature...basically everything needs to be under 2mb and under a set pixel h&w...
                LAME!

I guess they really want you to buy the upgraded account

Thanks for the info, TAT.
                "

Comment

Thanks for the warning...oops, I mean info! I'll just stick with this great website for sharing...

Comment

Working...
                  X