apt. for rent kaneohe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apt. for rent kaneohe

My friend Billy just lost his new roommate. Surprise - she's lived here 3 weeks and can't take it anymore, so she's headed back to Colorado.

The apartment is shared (with Billy - a 40 something single electrician) and it includes your own large bedroom with a shared bathroom (it has 2 sinks, and a standup shower). $1000, utilities included, cable, parking spot, laundry, lawn care, everything. It's the lower level of a duplex that overlooks Kaneohe Bay and the sandbar, with a wraparound porch and great views and breezes. Must be cool with an electrician that likes his beer and barbecues on some weekends.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: apt. for rent kaneohe

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    [...]Surprise - she's lived here 3 weeks and can't take it anymore, so she's headed back to Colorado.[...]
    Bless her heart...at least she gave her change in locale a fair chance!

Comment

3 weeks is not a long time but at least she tried

Comment

It is highly interesting what makes someone move back in three weeks. Panic perhaps or an extreme melancholy that you fear may not rectify itself? I would never criticize anybody who chooses to move back in such a short time, but it's really interesting to understand what makes somebody do that considering the potential effort it was to move here in the first place.

I remember so well that there was somebody else on this or that other message board who moved to Kauai, and her year long posts before moving there were all filled with "hawaii my love" and "this I know is where I will live the rest of my life once I get there", "it was meant for me to be there". Even adopted a Hawaiian name. I remember her posts on finally moving here and some troubles she had and she was back in Texas I think in less than a month.

But hey, it's a free country and at least she tried.
        n'importe

Comment

Rock Fever after only three weeks, eh? That's too bad - but it emphasizes why HT'ers so often advise a financial escape plan to those posters who want to chuck it all and move to "paradise." Three weeks seems like a good time for reality to kick in.

Hope your friend finds a roommate, that sounds like a very fair arrangement. Maybe find one of the new HT posters who was moving to O`ahu, and hook 'em up?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Rock Fever after only three weeks, eh? That's too bad - but it emphasizes why HT'ers so often advise a financial escape plan to those posters who want to chuck it all and move to "paradise." Three weeks seems like a good time for reality to kick in.
            Yep. Chuck it all and move to paradise sems to have been her mindset at first, but if she had been an HT'er, she would have been prepared, at least.

Reality's really gonna kick in while she's shoveling snow this winter.
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

brrr! we consider 60 degree weather in hawai'i frigid. everyone get ready to don your parkas.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Yep and it's getting time for the flannel sheets! and flannel jammies!

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                  brrr! we consider 60 degree weather in hawai'i frigid. everyone get ready to don your parkas.
                  Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                  Yep and it's getting time for the flannel sheets! and flannel jammies!
                  I got up in the middle of last night and turned off the a/c!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I got up in the middle of last night and turned off the a/c!

yep. it's been chilly lately, tutusue at least you'll save on electricity? or is it included in your monthly maintenance fee? were you in makaha or waikiki at the time?
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                      yep. it's been chilly lately, tutusue at least you'll save on electricity? or is it included in your monthly maintenance fee? were you in makaha or waikiki at the time?
                      Central a/c included in the MF! Still, everytime we turn off the a/c it helps the AOAO's bottom line.

Waikiki!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Central a/c included in the MF! Still, everytime we turn off the a/c it helps the AOAO's bottom line.

Waikiki!
                        makes sense.

waikiki. beautiful.

oopsie. straying from TG's original thread.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                        X