Talkin' about Lawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talkin' about Lawns

I got a nice lawn. About 11,000 sf, manicured like St. Andrews, mowed with diligence and tender loving care. I spend a lot of time on it. In fact, I would say that my lawn is cleaner than my wife's carpets. (You could safely go with the 5-second rule while Q'in in my yard). But don't tell her I said that.

We play. Jump rope, soccer, football, trac-ball, bocci, badminton.
    We have big parties back there. Easter Sunday, our place, has become tradition.
    Big Ass Picnic table, with a high table, that puts your mouth real close to your plate so you can shovel it in without gettin too much on your shirt. (designed it myself

All around the edges, the whole thing is a garden of fruits, to the edge of where I weed whack.

But the point of this thread is that beautiful, manicured, high&tight, groomed, well cut, lawn.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Talkin' about Lawns

Originally posted by timkona View Post

But the point of this thread is that beautiful, manicured, high&tight, groomed, well cut, lawn.

sounds like you just described yourself?
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Thanks a lot, Kani...I just spewed my iced tea all over my keyboard!

Comment

ahem. i did leave out this part:

"All around the edges, the whole thing is a garden of fruits, to the edge of where I weed whack."

**cough**

sorry, TK, couldn't help myself. :P
        "chaos reigns within.
        order shall return."

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha
          stay forever young

Comment

I figured others would be bragging about their lawns, too. Or perhaps commenting on particular lawns, in public places, that are well groomed, and great for picnicking.

Or maybe everybody lives in an apartment. Hope you have a view of some nice lawns.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

yeah. My yard is 2/3rds bare red dirt. Its a rented lawn, so it would be silly of me to go and buy a bunch of sod for it, but sometimes I sit on the porch and daydream about it. Maybe I could throw some seed on it and see what takes hold, but I don't know which grasses grow best in Hawaii, and are also sun and heat tolerant, as the bare patch is in the part that gets the most sun.

Sidenote - my neighbors have grass. They also have sprinkler systems on timers that go off every night. Even while its raining. That makes me sooooo mad. Like, hey people, its an island, try to help out and conserve some water once in a while! Geeeez!!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

[...]
                Or maybe everybody lives in an apartment. Hope you have a view of some nice lawns.
                Yep...I'm on the 19th floor of a building that has no lawn but with a nice view of a new, almost block long, park-like setting that was landscaped by the new condo building across the street. It's definitely a neighborhood upgrade. And I'm so happy I don't have the upkeep!

Comment

I figured others would be bragging about their lawns, too.
                  I haven't had any lawn since Drug Enforcement came and burned it to the ground!
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

ah, TK was just joking around.

we do have a great yard. too big in my opinion. very rarely do we water it due to the rain.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

TimKona's favorite TV show is "Lawn Order"
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                        TimKona's favorite TV show is "Lawn Order"
                        You made me choke on my dinner!

I guess I've never been real keen on lawns because I'm allergic to grass. Gives me a nice itchy rash. Never stopped me rolling down hills as a kid, although it did get me out of lawn mowing duties.
                        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Liked 'Green Acres' too. Couldn't resist.

Hey Tutu, go down, after a light sprinkle, and walk barefoot in that beautiful lawn.

The new "Waikoloa Bowl" amphitheatre has a megalawn, that is super squishy.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could have a bed like a water bed, but a "lawn bed". Just like throwing a blanket over a super soft lawn. Nightynight.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

[...]
                            Wouldn't it be cool if you could have a bed like a water bed, but a "lawn bed". Just like throwing a blanket over a super soft lawn. Nightynight.
                            Actually, that's how I feel about warm sand! I remember the good, (really) ol' days when it was safe to sleep on the beach all night. Ooooh, I loved that. Don't think I've slept on a lawn, tho'.

Comment

Oh yeah, warm sand, with a blanket, and about an hour to work the sand into the shape of your contour. Friggin Heaven.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X