Recommend a roofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a roofer

Unfortunately, I need someone to deal with a leaky roof. Anyone have relatively recent experience (good or bad)?

PS - not sure if this belongs in "workshop," but it's a start.

Re: Recommend a roofer

Wilkinson Shake Roof. Of course they mostly do... um... shakes... but they're good with troubleshooting & repairs of all roofs. We've been using them for over a decade.

Our last roof leak was nasty & persistent throughout four years of our own troubleshooting, but when Wilkinson came out they didn't even get any money for their effort. They just recommended putting gutters in one area and gave us the name of a gutter guy. Worked great.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

What kind of roof you got? Shake? Pitch and gravel?
      Sears last did our roof when my parents were still living here. They removed all the pitch and gravel and put down paper. It's held up and still have no problems with leaks. We recently recoated the roof ourselves. Can't really recommend any specific company. Just make sure they have a license number and check BBB for any complaints. From here, it's just a matter of who can do it at the most reasonable cost. You'll probably find a big difference in estimates with the different companies. Some you'll wonder who's roof they measured while others sound too good to be true.

Comment

International Roofing did ours. Pretty good job. Get in contact with Harvey Morimoto who handles sales. Our roof was lightweight Monier tile, but they do other types, too.

Another one, that did my friend's house, is Ralph Kishi, VP, Angel's Roofing. 944-8664. He said they did a great job, too. That was an asphalt shingle roof.

Comment

Several years ago I decided my shake roof needed to be replaced. I got three estimates. The first guy gave me an estimate on the back of an envelope. The second guy mailed me an estimate that consisted of a single paragraph on a sheet of paper. It was not itemized nor did it even say what the job would include.

The third estimate was the highest, but it was from Wilkinson Roofing. It was in a manila envelope and it listed what would be done (remove and dispose shakes and paper, repair minor damage etc.). The envelope also included what amounted to and education on the differences in roofing materials and more that I don’t remember now.

The shakes on my old roof were not only deteriorating but the staples holding them on were rusting off. Wilkinson only uses stainless staples.

Wilkinson also has a follow up every few years they come out and for a couple of hundred dollars oil the roof.

So Wilkinson is my recommendation.
          "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
          Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
            Wilkinson Shake Roof. Of course they mostly do... um... shakes... but they're good with troubleshooting & repairs of all roofs. We've been using them for over a decade.

Our last roof leak was nasty & persistent throughout four years of our own troubleshooting, but when Wilkinson came out they didn't even get any money for their effort. They just recommended putting gutters in one area and gave us the name of a gutter guy. Worked great.
            Concur! Wilkinson is no ka oil! Great service even before they did our roof.
            Check them out!

Comment

Working...
            X