Don't Go There.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Go There.

Everyone talks about othe good places they have eaten...
    How about the Worse/Bad
    places anyone has been or have ordered from & Why?.
    The terrible experience you have had in this place,
    & to warn others to not go there &/or order from there.

(informs others but not used negatively.)
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Don't Go There.

Top of my never-again list is Marbella and its "Mediterranean cuisine". Both food and service were awful. It annoys me that the Weekly includes the place on its page of supposedly-recommended places to eat, especially when Cuisine Tony is just across the street and infinitely better.

Sadly, I also have to put Indigo on my list of places to avoid.

Further downscale, at the Ala Moana Food Court, stay away from Orleans Express which has almost zero connection with real Cajun cooking and Senor Pepe, possibly the worst excuse for Mexican food I've ever encountered.

And I avoid all bentos at 7-Eleven.

Comment

I rarely go to Dole Canery Theatres but the last two times I have been there (one was last night, the other around last Christmas) the popcorn is one of the most blandest one around. I would suspect they are not salting the popcorn after it's been popped. In which case it might be more healthier (to me at least).

Comment

I belong to a "club" that goes to the Buzz's in Pearl City about 2 to 4 times a year. I frequent the one in Kailua on a regular basis (once a month+). I must say that the chefs at the Pearl City Buzz's have NO idea how to cook meat. I've NEVER once seen a Prime rib order come out as ordered. Usually it's much too rare -

If you go and must order meat - order it 2 levels more done than you want it. So, if you want medium. Order it well done. If you have to send it back it will take forever and probably be overdone.

We all know this is what must be done and order this way. Someone said that maybe it's way too dark in the back and the chefs can't see!

Or go to the Kailua Buzz's! Much better.

Denise

Comment

In NYC, do NOT go to the India Cafe on W. 95th St. I ordered food to be delivered (paneer makhani and samosas) and the paneer sauce tasted like a blander version of Ragu spaghetti sauce, the tamarind sauce for the samosas was cold and watery and the samosas only had potato inside, no peas or dal! In general I have been very disappointed with Indian food in Manhattan. Mo' bettah go Jackson Heights or Flushing, Queens.

Auwe!!!!

Comment

Is that wonderful Indian restaurant, Nirvana, still on Central Park South? That was, in the seventies, the best Indian food I've eaten, whether in NYC, London or New Delhi.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              Is that wonderful Indian restaurant, Nirvana, still on Central Park South? That was, in the seventies, the best Indian food I've eaten, whether in NYC, London or New Delhi.
              I will check it out next time I am in the 'hood. The one place in Manhattan so far I've consistently found good Indian food is (surprise) the small chain Baluchi's. Really 'ono dal makhani and samosa chat(which they call 'Kachori Appetizer').

Do you ever go to the Indian place in Kapahulu? I went there right after they opened, a couple of years ago, hungry for dosa, and was pretty much disappointed, but I've heard they've improved. Maybe they came to Flushing and took cooking lessons

Comment

Splendid! The Weekly has stopped including Marbella in its collection of short reviews, replaced it with the Brazilian barbecue place that opened at McCully Shopping Center.

Must try that one, eh, Helen?

Comment

Hey. Weren't we talking about places we recommend that people avoid?

There were two entries high on my blacklist. Castagnola's in Hawaii Kai is apparently no longer there (and with good reason - food poisoning!). And I know I'm in the minority, but I've given Scoozee's at Ward Center too many chances and just don't like them. (Are they still around? This article from last year says they shut down.)

Comment

When My hubby & I
                    would have cravings for vietnamese noodles,
                    We would go to china town for that.
                    I remembered asking for a pericular size bowl...
                    they told us, "they don't have that size".
                    So, it was ok with was. They ended up just giving us
                    the regular bowl size that they have along with
                    their noodles, vegies, etc. No complaints, there.
                    We were happy.
                    Then My hubby heard about this supposidly
                    new place that was given a good ratings in the
                    freebie news papers. ( yeah, right!. )

We tried this place: BAC NAM
                    at 1117 s.king street

We also asked for a perticular size....
                    they told us, "oh, they don't have that size".
                    Once they told us, thinking that
                    they would just give us their "usual",
                    They just gave me a small bowl, filled with
                    little seasonings, & plain noodle soup.
                    Thought to myself,
                    Why order something like that, & eat it,
                    when I could have just made that at home?!.

Obviously, we were very disapointed
                    with the place.

So....
                    Don't go there. to: BAC NAM @
                    1117 s.king street

* Just got to the ones that you like & you know best.

Aloha & Take Care.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at Marbella--I went when it was still new one day for lunch, and perhaps because the place was empty, I had great service and good food. I went there a second time for dinner during a medical meeting, and it wasn't bad.

Top of my never-again list is Marbella and its "Mediterranean cuisine". Both food and service were awful. It annoys me that the Weekly includes the place on its page of supposedly-recommended places to eat, especially when Cuisine Tony is just across the street and infinitely better.

Sadly, I also have to put Indigo on my list of places to avoid.

Further downscale, at the Ala Moana Food Court, stay away from Orleans Express which has almost zero connection with real Cajun cooking and Senor Pepe, possibly the worst excuse for Mexican food I've ever encountered.

And I avoid all bentos at 7-Eleven.

Comment

Tudo De Bom--not bad at all (especially if you are a meat lover)--plus, ladies, the waiters are definitely easy on the eyes! Our waiter was eager to explain how the system worked and share is Brazilian culture with us.

On weekend nights, make reservations. They have live Brazilian samba and jazz, so the place gets packed.

Splendid! The Weekly has stopped including Marbella in its collection of short reviews, replaced it with the Brazilian barbecue place that opened at McCully Shopping Center.

Must try that one, eh, Helen?

Comment

Ryan should create a "research fund", reimburse us if we want to check out our earlier comments.

Well, won't get reimbursed but did try "Senor Pepe" again.

I strongly advise against such a test.

Comment

Working...
                          X