Where to buy gaffers tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy gaffers tape?

Can you recommend a place in Hawaii to buy gaffers tape? I checked City Mill, but they didn't have it. I don't think Wal-Mart does either.

Any favorite brands?

Thanks in advance
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Where to buy gaffers tape?

Woo hoo, I finally found some gaffer's tape locally. A nice guy at Hawaii Media Inc. went out of his way sell me a single roll. Thanks dude!

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "

Comment

Had to research what 'Gaffers tape' really was. Okay, now I know.
      Here's a LINK
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Sorry MJ, I know of at least 4 stores and five friends in LA to get gafftape from, but nobody here. Hawaii Media? I can't wait to check them out! Thanks for the tip!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I buy mine from Adorama:

http://www.adorama.com/ZZTG30BKP.htm...tape&item_no=8

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
            Here's a LINK
            Thanks for the link, MM. Most hardware stores I called had no clue what gaffer's tape was. The name sounds kinda naughty.

Originally posted by dick View Post
            I buy mine from Adorama
            Thanks for the suggestion, Dick. Do you buy in bulk or a single roll at a time? The $22 shipping to Hawaii is killer (they don't seem to have a surface option).

What differences do you notice between Permacell's professional grade tape and their economic p-665 one? Have you tried other brands?

Hawaii Media sold me a Rose Brand (generic, I'm guessing) roll called "Pro-Gaff" (looks like they're trying to copy Permacell's name). It cost $20 for 2"x60yrd. The quality looks good enough to my non-professional eyes. I guess you can't tell until you put it through some serious use.

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            I can't wait to check them out! Thanks for the tip!
            Heh. I'm glad I can help feed your gaffer's tape fix. Do you have opinions about any specific brands?
            "

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              Sorry MJ, I know of at least 4 stores and five friends in LA to get gafftape from, but nobody here. Hawaii Media? I can't wait to check them out! Thanks for the tip!
              HMI is a film equipment rental company in Halawa Valley, TG. They also provide grip and electrical crews. They're not a retail store.

Great group of guys, tho'. I've been working with most of them for decades.

Comment

I usually wait until I have to order several items before ordering from Adorama, or any other mainland outlet (music supplies, etc.). I generally buy just one roll which last quite a while. Since it's not cheap masking tape, I use it sparingly.

Comment

Working...
                X