Maui Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Camping

My BF has to go to Maui for work Friday morning, and I was thinking about going over to meet him, and we could make a camping weekend out of it. Yay!

Any recommendations? I've been searching online, but the photos and descriptions that I've found are only somewhat helpful. Does anyone have a favorite Maui camping area? Or any advice on campgrounds I shouldn't go to?

Ideally, our camp would be near the beach and hiking trails. And we might not have a car, so I guess close to town or public transpo might be important (though we should have some good 'ride karma' considering how many hitchhiking boogieboarders we've given rides to from Sandy's!) Sheltered from the wind is a bonus - our poor tent has taken a real beating from the windward winds lately. Warm showers are always great, too. And cookstoves or bbqing should be allowed, as I don't want to eat cheese sandwiches all weekend, but I will if I haaave to.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Maui Camping

This might not be the best weekend to do that, TG. Flash flood warnings are already in effect for all islands, with possible thunderstorms. Supposed to be nasty Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The Maui job got postponed a while. Whew!! Lucky me! Thanks for the heads up, though. Flooding is no fun!

Soooo, I will be camping in Maui at some point in the near future, and if any campers out there have any favorite campsites, I'd love to know more about them, please!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Kanaha Beach Park is right outside of Kahului Airport. Camping Permit is required. I`m not sure but I don`t think the Maui Bus run`s from Kahului Airport. The Bus system does run from K-mart (about a mile from the Airport)to South, West, Central, as well as Up-Country Maui. The reason I mentioned Kanaha Bch. is because of the wind-surfing in this area.
        By the way lucky your not coming here this weekend.
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
        X