Pet Boarding Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Boarding Recommendation?

Anyone have a personal recommendation for a pet boarding facility? We need a weekend facility(s) for dogs and cats, and I was wondering if anyone has recently used somewhere good? (I've learned that not all the old referrals are still good places, since owners and managers and policies can change... and thus the care can change).

I'm looking for referrals of places used within the past year or so, preferably Honolulu area, but islandwide is OK for the right place.

Mahalo for your help on this.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Pet Boarding Recommendation?

Hands down for dogs is Koolau Bed & Biscuit. We put Manele & Koele there
    at least 3-4 times a year in their very capable hands. They were just there
    for 2 1/2 weeks this month. The facility is owned by a wonderful woman
    named Cheryl. She is involved in competition with her own dogs, Pekinese
    and does very well statewide. I was referred to her 4 years ago by my neighbor and several others (who drive across the island to board there) and
    have never been regretful. M&K arrive and go running inside and get led off
    to their quarters and when we return they come running out happy and get in the car and it's like they were never there. Meaning that it is not traumatic
    at all for them and they have no issues. You can option to pay for extra play time for your pet as well. It's awesome to see the boards with the names of all the pets and all the requirements their owners have them to on a daily basis from medication to brushing to whatever it is they do for their pets. The facility is clean, air-conditioned and secure and solid. If I were in a natural disaster situation I'd want to be there! It's a great building. It is was in the
    back of Ahuimanu. I cannot recommend them enough. You will have no worries and very importantly peace of mind knowing your beloved dog(s) are well taken care of in a safe and favorable environment. They do have a website so you might want to check them out. Is it cheap? No but what price does SAFETY, COMFORT and SECURITY have? Money well spent!

Comment

we have our best friend pet sit which he will be doing starting saturday. we do pay him although he doesn't expect anything. and, we always bring him back goodies from our travels. other than that if he's not available, we use our vet out in waipahu.

our neighbors love koolau bed and biscuit as well. highly recommended!
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

when we went on our trip to Florida in October 2008, we also took our Jack Russell Terrier to Koolau Bed & Biscuit. There were recommended by a customer of mine as they take their two dogs there when ever they go on vacation. We went to check out the place beforehand and several people were dropping off dogs while we were there. All were repeat visitors and none of the dogs seemed scared to be there. In fact, the were happy to be there. Our dog was there for almost two weeks and he was fine. We did pay extra for the "big yard" play sessions so he could run around and play in the grass. And we drove all the way from Ewa Beach...
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Any recommendations for a place to board cats?

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
            when we went on our trip to Florida in October 2008, we also took our Jack Russell Terrier to Koolau Bed & Biscuit. There were recommended by a customer of mine as they take their two dogs there when ever they go on vacation. We went to check out the place beforehand and several people were dropping off dogs while we were there. All were repeat visitors and none of the dogs seemed scared to be there. In fact, the were happy to be there. Our dog was there for almost two weeks and he was fine. We did pay extra for the "big yard" play sessions so he could run around and play in the grass. And we drove all the way from Ewa Beach...
            Your post mirrors mine! Last month when we were picking up Manele & Koele
            a new client was arriving and seemed nervous at first. When he saw how
            happy M&K were and clean and such he felt relief. We told him they stay there all the time and always have a positive experience and like the staff. We also do the play sessions (2 a day) and the staff tells us they run around and have a great time together. I again don't think I can say enough about the place as a recommendation! Koolau is the BEST!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for making recommendations for dogs, your help is appreciated. Still need info for cats if anyone has it.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

One of my former coworkers took her cats to the Cozy Cat Lodge in Kailua and LOVED the place. She said that it would be a place that she, herself, wouldn't mind staying. They have a website:

http://www.cozycatlodge.com/

Comment

there's this boarding place at Koko Marina Shopping Center in HI-Kai...they are kept within a room/no kennels.. under the parking structure near Blockbuster Video.

Comment

Working...
                  X