PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Holiday Avatar Contest!

tutusue
December 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Better late than never, I guess! Turtlegirl wants the contest!

To recap last year: This is HT's version of the neighborhood condo buildings holiday lights competitions. You know...which building can outdo the other!

Beginning immediately and lasting 'til Tues. 12/23, when voting will take place, go for it! Let's see who can outdo the other in 70x70 pixels! Oh...last years entries can't be reused! I'll make a call for voting post on Tues, approx. 12N, Hawaii time. The winner will be announced 24 hours later! Phew...this is one fast contest!

I'm offering the same, overly generous prize as last year...a tune of the winner's choice from the iTunes Music Store!

turtlegirl
December 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
YAY!! :D Thanks Tutusue!!

I'm gonna keep Ninja, but maybe I can photoshop her some holiday cheer! :)

kanahina
December 19th, 2008, 09:03 PM
okay, here's my holiday avatar - my Jack Russell terrier with his Santa hat!:)

hmmm, new avatar is not showing up ...
this is the pic:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/kanahina/XmasColt.jpg

Menehune Man
December 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Here's my Holiday Avatar entry for this year! ;)
Should take me right through New Years! :rolleyes:

cyleet99
December 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Here's my entry, but it's hard to beat tutusue's! ;)

1stwahine
December 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
I tried posting mine dis morning but it didn't take. Trying again.
The Slippahs. :D

Auntie Lynn

Menehune Man
December 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
The Slippahs. :D

You have chosen well.

leashlaws
December 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Manele is not in the running.........She has a tumor that we had to go
to the vet today and have aspiration other tests........Happy Holidays:eek:

Leo Lakio
December 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Looks like I'm in for this year. I don't believe I've EVER changed my avatar (before this).

tutusue
December 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Here's my entry, but it's hard to beat tutusue's! ;)
<tee hee!> I'm not eligible! Thanks, tho'!

ETA:
If you're entering the contest please be sure to post to that effect in this thread. I'm seeing holiday avatars in other threads; avatars that haven't been declared here. They might not been seen by those interested in voting. Co'mon, folks. There's a HUGE prize at stake! :D

LikaNui
December 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
<tee hee!> I'm not eligible! Says who? I looooove yours!!!!

tutusue
December 21st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Says who? I looooove yours!!!!
Scriv doesn't enter his contests! ;)

kanahina
December 21st, 2008, 09:36 PM
argh - why can't i get mine to show up as my avatar? when i go to user CP it's there... why not here? I've tried three different ways, too! :mad:

Bah humbug!

matapule
December 22nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
Okay, here's my feeble attempt.

TATTRAT
December 22nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
......aaaaand mine for the season

TATTRAT
December 22nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/TATTRAT/Santaiscoming.jpg

tutusue
December 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Voting was scheduled to start at 12N today but I won't be near my computer to post this message. So...we'll start a little early. PM me your vote (no stuffing the PM box, please!) by 12N tomorrow, 12/24. I'll post the winner by 3p.

Even if you didn't enter...please VOTE! My vote will be a tie breaker if needed.

On your mark...
Get set...
YES WE CAN!

turtlegirl
December 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Don't forget to vote this morning!!

leashlaws
December 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Don't forget to vote this morning!!

Done!:)
Off to the pool before they close! Gotta do my daily 600 meters (wimp!):rolleyes:

Seeking Penance
December 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
how do we vote?

LikaNui
December 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Scriv doesn't enter his contests! ;) Apples and oranges. Scriv's contests are quizzes and he already knows the answers, so he can't enter. But your contest is about creativity and you have no way of knowing the outcome, so I say you ARE eligible. And I'll bet Scriv and everyone else would agree.

tutusue
December 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
how do we vote?
Just PM me with your choice!

I'll tack on an extra 2 hours and take votes 'til 2p! I'll be too busy after that! So, keep the votes a comin', folks!

tutusue
December 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
The votes are in...
PriceWaterhouse did a complex tally of multitudinous submissions...
and the winner is...
Oh, shoots, there goes the phone.
Be back in a few minutes! :D

turtlegirl
December 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Ack! Nooooo! I was just about to get outta the house, but now I can't til I know the winner! :D

kanahina
December 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
oh shoot - i didn't have a chance to vote! oh well ...

But I finally changed my avatar correctly! woo-hoo!

tutusue
December 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
And the winner is...
MATAPULE

Congrats! Please either post your iTunes selection here or PM me. I'll gift you the tune thru the ITMS!

Leo Lakio
December 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Woo-hoo! First Obama, now Matapule! I've picked at least TWO winners this year; I'm on a roll. Good thing I just did my Grammy ballot...

matapule
December 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
And the winner is...
MATAPULE!

Gee, thanks everybody, it is an honor to be recognized by your colleagues. Things have been a little busy around matapule's fale this Christmas with family from far-flung places and all and everyone having a wonderful time. I feel very opitimistic about this next year. I believe the country has been infused with new enthusiam and hope. I can realistically say that I have seen some small hopeful signs in the economy in the last month despite the dreary holiday sales figures. Let's venture forth with our chins up into 2009 with optimism and good cheer. It is our time, we can do it!

turtlegirl
December 27th, 2008, 08:14 AM
wow, excellent acceptance speech! Chins up for 2009!! (rallies and waves flag)

matapule
December 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
At this time in our lives we can choose to be either gruntled or disgruntled. Who among you chooses to join me in feeling gruntled?

tutusue
December 27th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Oooooh...I choose gruntled, for sure. Takes way too much energy to be disgruntled plus being gruntled bugs the h3!! outta disgruntled folks!

So...what song are ya gonna choose?!

lurkah
December 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Oooooh...I choose gruntled, for sure. Takes way too much energy to be disgruntled plus being gruntled bugs the h3!! outta disgruntled folks!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/lurkah/tempfiles/SantaChimney.jpg
I've been grunting for days
for some @#%! TP!!!

kanahina
December 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM
But, I'm a postal worker, I'm supposed to be disgruntled, right?

;)

cyleet99
December 27th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Gruntled (1926, per Merriam-Webster): to put in a good humor.

Okay, I can be gruntled. But if I have to put my chin up, I might trip and hurt myself. Then I would get disgruntled.

;)

matapule
December 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Please either post your iTunes selection here or PM me. I'll gift you the tune thru the ITMS!

Okay, this has not been an easy choice! This was one of the main topics of discussion among family members while sitting in the spa/jacuzzi in the backyard yesterday. The debate was heated but everyone was very gruntled. Suggestions ranged from Santa Baby, to JL's Imagine, to Peggy Lee's Is That All There Is?, to FS's I Did It My Way. However, the winner is, one that everyone supported..............

Tequila (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw&feature=related) by the Champs

Malo 'aupito Tutu, 'ofa atu.

tutusue
December 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
[...]However, the winner is, one that everyone supported..............

Tequila (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw&feature=related) by the Champs

How appropriate...great choice! One of my old time, all time favorites! Please PM me your email address!

tutusue
December 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/lurkah/tempfiles/SantaChimney.jpg
I've been grunting for days
for some @#%! TP!!!
At this point Santa must be disgruntled! :eek: