Aloha, Mike Sakamoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha, Mike Sakamoto

Former fishing show host, artist and teacher Mike Sakamoto passed away early this morning after going through treatment for lymphomic cancer over the last few months.

His show, "Fishing Tales" brought the genre of local fishing shows to a whole new level. He did a lot to help make people aware of the sport, and passed on his knowledge and experience to many more afterward.

He was nice enough to invite me onto the show way back when. And he was featured recently on "Hawaii Goes Fishing" just this past summer. That episode re-airs this Sunday at 5 on OC16.

Sorry you had to go, Mike.

Re: Aloha, Mike Sakamoto

I'm bummed. Fishing Tales was by far my fave locally produced fishing show. He actually knew how to fish. Aloha oe and thanks Mike. RIP

Comment

What was his signature phrase?

Comment

Mike was great, there are people out there who do work who simply do not enjoy what they do in life. But you could tell he absolutely LOVED what he did, he loved fishing and everything about it. He wanted to teach about fishing, make it educational and fun for both kids and adults. And this is what you want when you have a television show, someone who really enjoys it, as it comes across the screen that way.

Aj McWhorter

Comment

Aloha 'oe Mike... You will be missed.
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
          X