Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy

I know I haven't posted much, but I do lurk quite often. HT will ALWAYS be part of me. The outpouring of love from all of you in my How do you cope? thread made such an impact in my time of need that I'll remember it forever. I know that it was such a sad thread but I've got some good news as this thread title suggests. My wife is 14 weeks pregnant. It's been an extremely nerve wracking time for us and things have gone MUCH better this time. I thought I'd share the news with you guys. I'm trying my hand at this blogging thing and have created a blog for stories about what I'm going through/random thoughts in this phase of my life. Thanks for always listening!

A Pao Story
    -kp!

Re: Pregnancy

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Based on your blog, it sounds like you're now keeping your spirits up and your wife is keeping her food down! I'm so happy for both of you.

Comment

This is great news! Best wishes!

I was present at the berthing of both my chilldren. It was an unforgetable, moving experience. I broke down in tears both times.

DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
        This is wonderful news! So let me think...at about 14 weeks, she will be due in...mid to late July?? Am I close?

I was pregnant at that time of year (had my son Aug. 8), and it was great--toward the end, it was a bit uncomfortable, but we had a cool summer that year. I pray that all will go well for BOTH of you, and for safe passage for that little one that will make your lives so complete!!!!

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          your wife is keeping her food down!
          yeah, even with the zofran, she's getting spells. Generally in the morning. Her doctor was surprised she's still getting sick with the meds she's on but some pregnancies are just that way.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!
          I FULLY plan on being there... just not on the side where all the action is happening. I'm certainly NOT the type to bring my camera there for the whole experience.

Originally posted by HawaiiMama View Post
          So let me think...at about 14 weeks, she will be due in...mid to late July?? Am I close?

Pretty close! Due date is August 4th. So much construction work to do before then lol.
          -kp!

Comment

Great! Enjoy it while you can...kids turn into teenagers SO quickly.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Pretty close! Due date is August 4th. So much construction work to do before then lol.[/quote]

That was my original due date...well, my ORIGINAL, original one was July 31, and although I seemed glad on the outside, I was having a fit on the inside, as that was my mom's b/d! She was thrilled outta her head, but I kept thinking, "I want my baby to have their own b/d", but I said nothing but good things. Then as I progressed, they moved it to August 4. I labored all day August 7, and he arrived at 2:29 AM on August 8. Pretty lucky numbers--8/8! (At that point, it didn't matter...just GET THIS BABY OUT!!! HA!)

Comment

Congrats from across the puddles.

Comment

Congratulations and many Blessings to you all! Just wait; when the nausea stops, the EATING begins!

My "needs" were oranges, watermelon and Raisin Bran...guess that is better than other things.

Comment

We've come a long way since February.

Technology is Awesome!!

August 6 Here we come!
                      -kp!

Comment

Awesome, indeed! What? 6 weeks to go? Another HT baby. Gotta love it!

Comment

Ooo...fuzzy baby! Lots of hair on that bitty head.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                            Ooo...fuzzy baby! Lots of hair on that bitty head.
                            I agree, it's a bitty head...till you try and push it out!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oops, almost forgot to tell you congrats again, and that baby is a cutie!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X