Nested level quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nested level quotes

In the thread 'Unsettled economy' of The American Asylum section, tutusue asked how TunlL got more than one quote into the post, to which Random replyed, by opening and closing tags/BB codes.

What is all that, and how do we do it?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: HT multi quotes

Best way to learn (I've found), is to reply with his post quoted. Then you'll see all the tags that reveal how it's done.

Comment

Re: HT multi quotes

I'll give it a whirl. Thanx, Leo!

Comment

Re: Multi level quotes

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        In the thread 'Unsettled economy' of The American Asylum section, tutusue asked how TunlL got more than one quote into the post, to which Random replyed, by opening and closing tags/BB codes.

I take it you mean this post?

There is a difference of a multi-quote which there is a button for and a multi-level quote which in theory can be done, but there isn't (at least to my knowledge) a press a kind of button to make it come out.

Comment

So just to be clear this is an example of a multi-quote. Noticed that the quotes are at the same level.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Best way to learn (I've found), is to reply with his post quoted. Then you'll see all the tags that reveal how it's done.
          I'll give it a whirl. Thanx, Leo!

Comment

This is an example of a quoted post. It only show the top level and not the quoted post of this post.

Originally posted by helen View Post

There is a difference of a multi-quote which there is a button for and a multi-level quote which in theory can be done, but there isn't (at least to my knowledge) a press a kind of button to make it come out.

Comment

I take it you want to know how to do this kind of multi-level quoting?

Comment

How the previous reply was done was to click on the Quote button on the oldest post first, then select and copy the entire text including the tags. Then you don't save the reply (click on the back button instead of clicking on the Submit Reply button).

Now you click on the Quote button the more recent post, and then paste the save text just before the \quote tag on the bottom of the post.

Comment

Thanks, Helen - that's what Ron wanted to do - and my suggestion didn't work.

Comment

Actually...

...either style would be OK, but thanx for the staged style explanation.

Comment

Now that I think about it, it's not multi-level quoting but rather nested level quoting is what Ron was asking about. And to be honest I don't know how practical nested level quoting is in the forums, since the older text is still available somewhere in the thread, which can be accessed by clicking on the blue symbol next to the quote header line in the post.

I do know that Private Messages seems to be able to do nested levels quoting every time you and the other person click on reply.

Comment

How the previous reply was done was to click on the Quote button on the oldest post first, then select and copy the entire text including the tags. Then you don't save the reply (click on the back button instead of clicking on the Submit Reply button).

Now you click on the Quote button the more recent post, and then paste the save text just before the \quote tag on the bottom of the post.
                        Okay then! Not too bad. Thanks to all...a new tool for quoting!

Comment

Re: Nested level quotes

Actually it's not. If you look at the post that you quoted, I get the impression that the post that Leo Lakio did, quoted my post inside of it but clearly that's not the case. It would have been better to make those two entries as the same level multi-quotes.

It should look this:

And not like this:

Last edited by helen; March 9, 2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Re: Nested level quotes

I was going to say all that but I was doing the dinner.

Comment

Working...
                            X