Denny's in Kaneohe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denny's in Kaneohe

Went to eat at the new Denny's in Kaneohe.
    Service was OK. Much, much better than Ruby Tuesdays or Ihop.
    Clean, but kind of cold.
    Food was OK, nothing special.
    Prices were way to high. Can't see paying over $10.00 for a breakfast.
    No menu posted outside or in the window. Probably would not have gone in if I'd seen the prices first.
    Probabaly not go back.

Re: Denny's in Kaneohe

I'm probably never going but I do have to say we had lunch at Ruby TUesday
    last week and the service was really really good, it was a guy and he
    did a great job from greeting to giving out the check.

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
      Went to eat at the new Denny's in Kaneohe.
      Service was OK. Much, much better than Ruby Tuesdays or Ihop.
      Clean, but kind of cold.
      Food was OK, nothing special.
      Prices were way to high. Can't see paying over $10.00 for a breakfast.
      No menu posted outside or in the window. Probably would not have gone in if I'd seen the prices first.
      Probabaly not go back.
      Prices too high? I guess it was your first time at Denny's.

Nope, you don't go to Denny's for rock bottom "cheap eats." That's what the local mom-and-pop eateries are for. Or the fast food joints that have a BF menu.

Folks go to Denny's because it offers 24 hour convenience and serves everything (BF, lunch, and dinner items) 24/7. And for the tourists and malahini who don't know anything about local 24 hour joints like Zippy's, Diner's , Byron's or Likelike Drive-In, Denny's offers a familiar name and reputation.

It's obviously not a 5 star restaurant, but Denny's isn't a place for a penny-pinching customer, either. Now you know.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

So where in Kaneohe is this Denny's?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          So where in Kaneohe is this Denny's?
          Windward City SHopping Center - where Flamingo's used to be. There is
          also a Ross, Foodland, Starbucks in the center.

Comment

I thought Denny's advertises reasonable prices.
            That's all we need, another high priced, low quality resturant in hawaii.
            Never went to Denny's in hawaii. Bad press kept me away.
            Went a few times in the mainland.
            I remember the prices were really cheap, big portions, great service, good food.

Went to Ruby Tuesdays a little after they opened. Service was the worse I've ever experienced. Prices were way to high for the quality of food.
            Ihop was about the same.
            Maybe they changed their ways, but I'll never go back. I know others feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              It's obviously not a 5 star restaurant
              In my opinion, that's the understatement of the year! I first tried Denny’s on a all-night drive from Oregon to Washington and back. I had attended a conference with a friend, and we decided to hit the road and see what we could see, since neither of us had been to WA. There is NOTHING on the lonely highway, but a bunch of trees, let me tell you! One place we did find was Denny’s. One of my top ten worst meals ever. The food was rubbery, artificial, and tasted like it came from a can. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 0.5.

I made the big mistake of thinking that maybe in Hawai‘i, where chefs have a reputation for excellence, that Denny’s might be a little kinder to the palate. I went to the one in Waikīkī. Does that location still exist? All I can say is, SOS and avoid the key lime pie at all costs. Most of the dishes (prepared properly) on their menu are among my favorites, but I would rather starve then eat at this place.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                In my opinion, that's the understatement of the year! I first tried Denny’s on a all-night drive from Oregon to Washington and back. I had attended a conference with a friend, and we decided to hit the road and see what we could see, since neither of us had been to WA. There is NOTHING on the lonely highway, but a bunch of trees, let me tell you! One place we did find was Denny’s. One of my top ten worst meals ever. The food was rubbery, artificial, and tasted like it came from a can. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 0.5.
                And therein is the reason why Denny's survives. You and your friend are out late at night. Both of you are playing the role of "tourists," unfamiliar with the area and the local restaurants. Denny's stands out as being one of the few places still open for business. You go there. You pay your money. You consume sub-standard food. You leave unsatisfied. And the following night, yet another late-traveling tourist will take your place. A never ending treadmill of unsuspecting customers.

I made the big mistake of thinking that maybe in Hawai‘i, where chefs have a reputation for excellence, that Denny’s might be a little kinder to the palate. I went to the one in Waikīkī.
                Nope, not much different. Boy, are you a glutton for punishment!

Does that location still exist?
                The one at the old Aston Waikiki (now Resort Quest) is closed, but the ones on Kuhio (Miramar Hotel) and Lewers (Imperial Waikiki) are still open. We can all talk stink about them,..... and they will still be doing just fine as long as the tourists continue to stream into Waikiki.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                  Windward City SHopping Center - where Flamingo's used to be.
                  Was Tiki Tops before that, yeah?

Comment

I like Denny's. It was a regular haunt of mine when I was in college; it's often one of the places I'll go when I'm up late and on my way somewhere on the mainland (good point, Frankie's). I seldom have a bad meal there, but it's true that it's one of the places where you kinda have to know what to order. I so seldom get to sit down in a restaurant and HAVE a breakfast that when I'm on summer vacation I make a point of visiting the Pearlridge Denny's at least once in the early summer and once just before school starts back up. Except for the last couple of times, service has been great.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Denny's was a regular haunt when I was in high school...the normal after date night hang out. We all loved it. Of course that was the late 1950s-early 1960s so, possibly, the menu and service have changed!

Comment

I'm more of an IHOP girl myself. Especially after the lovely Denny's experience I had on my honeymoon when the cops had to physically drag a customer out because he become so beligerent over wanting another biscuit with his biscuits and gravy meal that he heckled the waitress and eventually threw a pancake at her. I wish I were making this up. And no, he was not drunk.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Dennys is an awright place and PRICES and obviously the SERVICE varies and certain areas the prices on the menu will seem a bit higher.

I am not commited to one place for cheap eats and likes to mix it up now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            I'm more of an IHOP girl myself. Especially after the lovely Denny's experience I had on my honeymoon when the cops had to physically drag a customer out because he become so beligerent over wanting another biscuit with his biscuits and gravy meal that he heckled the waitress and eventually threw a pancake at her. I wish I were making this up. And no, he was not drunk.
                            Boy! That's quite a story! Must have been really weird to be there during that!

Comment

dennys is all right but i feel mega fat after eating there.

Comment

Working...
                              X